Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E30Z camera

I see this thread is not really about the E30Z anymore :)

But just a little update on the original topic:

Yesterday, I checked if there were new updates and to my surprise, there were updates for everything (data pilot, remote, gimbal, camera (E30Z and E90),...). I installed all of them.
Nowhere can I find any release notes or manuals that explain what these new updates mean and/or what new features they bring.
But ok, I was a bit excited, finally a new release for the E30Z, from 1.1.01E to 1.1.20 E, 10 months after receiving the camera. I thought they would have fixed at least the slow zoom, but guess what... no changes whatsoever. After 10 months of promising fast zoom, it's still not possible!
I still didn't get an answer to my questions from last October. I asked them again what this is all about and additionally asked them for release notes.

Today I had to fly for an inspection assignment. The first thing I noticed is that the landing gear automatically retracts after take off, even when the switch is in down position. No idea for the moment why that is but I don't want it.
The climb speed seemed very slow in the first 10m and then seemed to go faster, this was consistent every time I took off, weird....
The gimbal went limp again 1 minute after take-off. After landing and a reset, this problem didn't occur anymore.

For the rest I didn't notice any changes for now.

as for landing gear retract to turn off auto retract go to vehicle area in the datapilot there should be a listing for the landing gear. go in there to disable it to regain manual landing gear control. slow climb speed first 10m the speed up comes from h520e and until I find a override will remain slow at first 10m the speed up which is reverse of what happens in landing quick lowering till about 10 ft then it's slows down the rest of the decent to landing on the ground.

Reactions: SamO
The gimbal went limp again 1 minute after take-off. After landing and a reset, this problem didn't occur anymore.
Mmh, so really nothing changed with the new gimbal FW for the E30Z? That is sad, because the "going limp" gimbal-problem also exists for my E90 and E10T. Also that the zoom features for the E30Z seem stuck on the same first release level... Actually hard to believe, but obviously true, :(

Reactions: SamO
as for landing gear retract to turn off auto retract go to vehicle area in the datapilot there should be a listing for the landing gear. go in there to disable it to regain manual landing gear control. slow climb speed first 10m the speed up comes from h520e and until I find a override will remain slow at first 10m the speed up which is reverse of what happens in landing quick lowering till about 10 ft then it's slows down the rest of the decent to landing on the ground.
With the new H520 OTA-FWs I noticed that in Manual Mode my max FWD/AFT-pitch was only like less than 20° and banking seemed to be limited below to about L/R 15°. In Angle Mode (PX4 Position Mode) pitch and bank angles were all at least 5° higher each. Does this also derive from the H520E?

I see this thread is not really about the E30Z anymore :)

But just a little update on the original topic:

Yesterday, I checked if there were new updates and to my surprise, there were updates for everything (data pilot, remote, gimbal, camera (E30Z and E90),...). I installed all of them.
Nowhere can I find any release notes or manuals that explain what these new updates mean and/or what new features they bring.
But ok, I was a bit excited, finally a new release for the E30Z, from 1.1.01E to 1.1.20 E, 10 months after receiving the camera. I thought they would have fixed at least the slow zoom, but guess what... no changes whatsoever. After 10 months of promising fast zoom, it's still not possible!
I still didn't get an answer to my questions from last October. I asked them again what this is all about and additionally asked them for release notes.

Today I had to fly for an inspection assignment. The first thing I noticed is that the landing gear automatically retracts after take off, even when the switch is in down position. No idea for the moment why that is but I don't want it.
The climb speed seemed very slow in the first 10m and then seemed to go faster, this was consistent every time I took off, weird....

For the rest I didn't notice any changes for now.
Just saw your post.
I think I'm in the very same business here in Germany, checking and searching for opposite stations for directional antennas on cell phone towers up to 13km away.
I just bought the H520e with the E30Zx for that purpose. Drone and camera will arrive this week.
I'm a little bit concerned now, because of your problems with the system and with the Yuneec support.
The next weeks will tell, if I experience the same issues...

Karsten

Reactions: SamO and Steve Carr
got the line with veritgo drones they got a bad batch of e30zx cameras in will not get green light on camera they tried multi sd cards no go they are shipping them back to yuneec. there is a issue with h520e rtk they are working on accuracy issue of 5 inches trying to get it down to atleast 3 cm. emild or trimble is in talks with yuneec to supply the base station.

got the line with veritgo drones they got a bad batch of e30zx cameras in will not get green light on camera they tried multi sd cards no go they are shipping them back to yuneec. there is a issue with h520e rtk they are working on accuracy issue of 5 inches trying to get it down to atleast 3 cm. emild or trimble is in talks with yuneec to supply the base station.
Green light is on! ? H520e + E30Zx arrived 2day.
20210216_195156.jpg

Reactions: SamO and vr-pilot
finally got sent a good e30zx camera that works arrived 3-2-2021. had to wait till 3-6-2021 after I got back home from vacation to verify it is a fully functional unit. looking to get in the air for it's first time either 3-13-2021 or 3-14-2021.

Reactions: vr-pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech