Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 Compatibility Response From Yuneec

Yuneec have stated on the video it will work. If the guy doesn't know what he is talking about he sure as heck wouldn't be on the ces booth you would hope. There is probably no bigger show on earth for his business so he will have been well prepared by Yuneec for all questions and this one is probably high on the list.

I have said since day one that yuneec made this camera removable for good reason, it makes sense to offer camera upgrades as the cost and Dev is already done for the new platform, this is as good as free money now when we bolt on new cameras. This is also a major difference to distinguish them from dji in this prosumer sector. If yuneec don't release the camera for the 480 then I for one will never ever buy yuneec again. You may aswell buy DJI and get more bells and whistles and live with their current business model of new camera equals a new drone and batts etc etc, as much as I hate dji the p4 has been flawless for me...unlike my H. Not to mention a used phantom has decent residual, I doubt I could sell my H for a lot of money now.

Last edited:
Sorry, but when you bought a Typhoon H it was delivered with what it was designed with and advertised as having, a CGO-3. Nothing more, nothing less. They have never promised more cameras to be forthcoming beyond what it already has. Why would you get angry for getting exactly what you paid for? In the beginning Yuneec promised to provide upgrades to the H, which they had done for little over a year after it was released. Technically, they met all of their obligations.

Sure, you could run to DJI, but expect to see what you just bought superseded by a newer version that's somewhat better than what you bought come out every 6 months. Forget about upgrades, you have to buy them in the next new model. Why do they have so many versions of Phantom and Mavic? To take your money as you chase rainbows.

Pat, sorry but last time I checked it was my money and I'll spend it where I please. I'm not here to justify it to you.

I'm also not the one calling yuneec liars by saying the yuneec employee is wrong, they said it goes on there so kudos to them for it.

As I said, no camera upgrade then no more yuneec for me. ymmv

No offense taken. I really hope the E-90/C23 does turn out to be compatible with the H but there's been too much contradictory information to get my hopes up. I've seen all the CES videos but there's just no way I can put faith in the one video that contradicts the one where Ryan states the E90 is being called a C23 for the H Plus. If that's true something has to be changed in the E90 for it to function with the H-480. There was no mention of any changes within the camera. For that reason the most I can do is sit back and wait for proof of functional adaptation. I'm certainly not calling you a liar, but there's plenty of evidence to show that Yuneec has lied or seriously stretched the truth at times in their advertising and at trade show events. Lower level personnel often quote inaccurate press release info provided by upper management.

As for your money, of course you can spend it wherever you want to, and I hope you are able to find a multirotor that will be updated with new payloads, features, and useful firmware in perpetuity. If you do, let us know what it is. I would be very interested in buying one.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Yuneec have stated on the video it will work. If the guy doesn't know what he is talking about he sure as heck wouldn't be on the ces booth you would hope.

Or he could be telling you what you want to hear. CES is a products/sales convention after all... and sales reps are always truthful and accurate in their statements... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Or he could be telling you what you want to hear. CES is a products/sales convention after all... and sales reps are always truthful and accurate in their statements... :rolleyes:

Either way it isn't the end of the world....no new camera no more yuneec for me as I said.

If I need to buy another air frame then the autel evo looks the way to go on paper at least for my needs.

Anything that keeps money away from dji is a good thing, I only bought a p4 as I don't trust the H over water anymore.....only reason I bought it as well :(

I’ve been looking at the Evo as well. Having worked a project where we used an H and a Mavic the very small size fills a niche. If the FC system is done right the Evo will be a nice addition. I have yet to find a single affordable system that checks all the boxes.

Either way it isn't the end of the world....no new camera no more yuneec for me as I said.

If I need to buy another air frame then the autel evo looks the way to go on paper at least for my needs.

Anything that keeps money away from dji is a good thing. <snip> :(

Thanks! I'll have to look at the Autel Evo as well... as far as the H+, I still have lots of time to learn with my H, in the several months before the initial growing pains are ironed out with that new platform.

One of the other selling points of the H+ is a brighter screen on the ST-16S than the current ST-16. Since the projected price difference between the camera alone and the H+ standard package is only about $500 USD... personally I would value a (significantly) brighter controller image to work with in bright sunlight for that $500 alone.

So in my mind, they are throwing in the airframe for nothing. Your mileage may vary, particularly if you are outside the US and are using kilometers... :confused:

In UK I paid A £1500 for my H so a considerable amount of money at roughly 2000 us dollars, I'm not pony ing up that again if avoidable.

The autel evo 1 inch version is a no brainer, comes with 3d mapping out the box and autel xstar was meant to be decent so looking a good option. Also has small screen on the controller for the quick moments you need to capture something.

The Evo looks interesting, but we'll have to see what it's like when (if) it comes out. Autel promised a camera upgrade for the X-Star last year and delivered nothing, so they've got a lot to prove.

As with all drones, (same applies to the H Plus), buy it once you've seen the reviews and can confirm it does what you want. Until then, it's all promises and fairy dust.

Reactions: PatR
I hope the Evo makes it since the touted $1299 price for the 1-inch camera model would keep Yuneec prices down. Competition is always good for the consumer.

@Dr Delta no mention because the C23 is the default camera for the H plus

Oui, je sais....
Nevertheless they do mention the comapitibility of this announced C23 for H, H-pro and H Real Sense. All of which function with the same camera(s).

Since H is 32 bit and H+ 64 bit I am still curious if the C23 is the same for both platforms. I certainly hope so and also hope the CGO3 might prove to be working on the H+ as well.

before I cheer I wanted to see what the US $ for that would be

799 BGP = $1100

Doesn't seem like anything to cheer about to me. For a few hundred $ more I could get a TH+

From a marketing standpoint that makes sense. They've divided the pie into two parts to cater to those that want a system completely new and those that just want parts. Price the parts high enough and more people buy more complete systems. Before running out to buy complete systems we might want to learn exactly what it will provide besides a camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1