Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 Compatibility Response From Yuneec

Yeah that is steep and I am going to get H plus. I think the big win is that Yuneec, is at least trying to show that it is still supporting the Typhoon H base. With the 520 debacle, low Breeze sales, the Typhoon H has got to still be their bread and butter and this announcement it would seem, kinda supports that

Reactions: PatR
I think Ty Pilot took caught a key aspect of this camera announcement. Yuneec has not stopped supporting the H. Subliminal, but the message is there.

Reactions: Niblett
I'd be delighted if they thought those of us with TH480s were worthy of support. I've been buying a few consumable parts here and there to have some on hand and I'd hate to see that supply dry up.

I'd be delighted if they thought those of us with TH480s were worthy of support. I've been buying a few consumable parts here and there to have some on hand and I'd hate to see that supply dry up.

Even if they ceased all improvement support for the H we might anticipate parts support would last a couple years from the date product improvement ended.

Out of stock makes sense as Yuneec said it wouldn’t be available until mid year

Yeh. So not (prematurely) out of stock but stil never stocked. 'Not available yet' would have been more correct.
Just like the pricing looks like an assumption to me. We saw all of this before, when the introduction of the 520 was coming about.

All we 'know' is probably based on an educated guess again, hence the last sentence in the seller's web-page: 'Final price and spec may vary on release.'

;)

Last edited:
None of that matters just yet. The camera info at dealer sites and CES videos succeeded. They have plenty of people on social media speculating. That’s free advertising and generating increased interest;)

Even if they ceased all improvement support for the H we might anticipate parts support would last a couple years from the date product improvement ended.
Tell that to DJI.
When they discontinued the P2V+ and replaced it with the P3 range back in the middle of 2015 it wasn't too long before certain parts started to become hard to come by. I still think this was a ploy on DJI's part to get more sales of the P3.

I still regularly fly a P2V+ but I anticipate that I'll soon need to retire it if something goes wrong. Fortunately I've just found a company that can supply batteries for it and I still have plenty of spare props to fit it, so it's reprieved for the moment.

Well I'll pat myself on back. I've said since day 1 camera upgrades would come for the H, if you put on a purely business head it makes perfect sense what they have done. Putting the camera under the current H is as close to free money as you can get in this game when hardware needs changed.

Yes the camera by itself is expensive but that will come down in due course when the got to have people buy it, then i will pick one up for way less once they come down.

My H was seriously close to eBay this week...it has won a reprieve until I see what autel does with the evo. Although the H still has benefits such as camera in grip possible and redundancy of motors...not to mention the H flies way better than my P4.

Yuneec.....nearly full pass marks for you, I will reserve full pass marks until the camera price is under £500 but have a solid 8/10 in mean time.

Reactions: FlushVision
Yes the camera by itself is expensive but that will come down in due course when the got to have people buy it, then i will pick one up for way less once they come down.
Not being a camera buff, I too thought it looked expensive - until I started looking around at regular 4k 20MP >60fps 1in sensor video cameras.

That said, the Zenmuse X4S is cheaper.

Not being a camera buff, I too thought it looked expensive - until I started looking around at regular 4k 20MP >60fps 1in sensor video cameras.

That said, the Zenmuse X4S is cheaper.

It is expensive no question given price of full drone with it.

But I made mistake of buying the H the day it came out and paid way more than I would have if I waited 6 months, nearly double infact....fool me once shame on you. ........

Btw I'm no expert but that camcorder might have a proper 1 inch sensor and not the kid on one drones are getting that are only 16mm but called 1 inch.....I don't get that.

Sales already starting.........

From facebook:

E23 CAMERA: RRP £799

Preorder Price from Typhoon H EU: £700

A deposit of £250 secures; balance payable in installments or lumpsum prior to delivery.

FREE SHIPPING to UK & IRE directly from YUNEEC UK.

Owners who decide to upgrade their Typhoon H will be rewarded with improved residual light performance and an increased dynamic range.

The C23 for Typhoon H can be upgraded with standard ND filters by adding a small adapter ring.

Well I'll pat myself on back. I've said since day 1 camera upgrades would come for the H, if you put on a purely business head it makes perfect sense what they have done. Putting the camera under the current H is as close to free money as you can get in this game when hardware needs changed.

My H was seriously close to eBay this week...it has won a reprieve until I see what autel does with the evo. Although the H still has benefits such as camera in grip possible and redundancy of motors...not to mention the H flies way better than my P4.

Yuneec.....nearly full pass marks for you, I will reserve full pass marks until the camera price is under £500 but have a solid 8/10 in mean time.
Yep. a bit expensive at the moment...but give it time.

I was planning to get a H520 come spring. When they came out I decided not to jump straight away, but wait until any teething problems had been ironed out. My H flies ok but I've long thought that the camera could have been better. It's good enough...it just could have been better. However, I'm now glad I didn't jump straight away. This new camera negates the need for me to get a H520. Instead of spending around £3000 for a H520 and camera I can just get the better camera for my H. Like you, I'd like the price to come down but even at it's current suggested price, it's still better than forking £3000 out.

BTW, I still fly a Phantom 2 Vision Plus. A nice reliable aircraft and takes reasonable-ish images given it's age. Easy to fly too, but the H is better by a magnitude. The P2V+ is my go to aircraft if I just want to have a bit of fun, but the H is my go-to when it comes to paid jobs.

typical they want you to pay for their research by pricing the price of parts high just under a new system....... allot of us are satisfied with our birds, but like to upgrade components such as cameras and blades....... esp since yuneec is not doing any new FW updates....... They want to sell new systems.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig