Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

e90 inbound

Let me take a guess why, just guessing. For the 520 cameras it requires more power, the cgo3 requires less. Sooo, the cgo3 has x amount of resistance or components that can't justify the extra power (dc voltage). Thus components are getting warm very warm and then POOF! Eventually you will start smelling electronic components, if you do, well....

I would think the contacts only provide dc voltage for the camera and there is no power regulation, so long as it doesn't exceed the fuse limits. I would favor a test to check the actual temp when mounted on both the H and the 520. Perhaps it just seems warmer. There is a cooling fan inside the camera so it's easy to test the temp.

I would think the contacts only provide dc voltage for the camera and there is no power regulation, so long as it doesn't exceed the fuse limits. I would favor a test to check the actual temp when mounted on both the H and the 520. Perhaps it just seems warmer. There is a cooling fan inside the camera so it's easy to test the temp.
Ok, didn't realize there was fuse, but It would be interesting to take a look circuit diagram

last test simulation for what happens to control link when sudden loss of h520 cameras for any reason at all in mid flight situation. what is the fail safe for this. and they better have one.

cgo3+ also heats up on the h480 bit so seems no big issue. I finally repaired the dead camera h480 and got the camera back again had to wait for new cable from main board to gimbal mount.

Terrence,
Have you had any luck testing mounting the e90 onto the 480 and controlling the 480 & e90 with the new controller? I'm interested in using the e90 but cant get a 520 yet....

Now the interesting never thought of that. If that can be done again you have camera but you will not have gimbal control. I do have some concerns about the voltage drop.

well well yes and no e90 show video but unit h480 rapid beeping there is going to be a trick to this. for non beeping h480 you must power the h480 up fully wait 60 sec then connect e90 camera you will get video to record you will need hdmi cable run from st16s to capture /streaming device to you laptop or tablet with the recording software.

okay now things are about to get interesting if I can get e90 to work on the h480 which it did to a degree no warm up issues either. and the cgo3+ on the h520 with minor warm up possible issue. I bet the cgo thermal can work with the h520 bind in manual mode and the cgo et connected to h480 controller

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20