Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

EBAY Battery scam

Reaction score
I bought an extra battery for my H on the 6th of July from a seller on EBAY, I was super excited because the battery was only $95!!

After a week of not hearing anything about a tracking # and no sign of a package I decided to contact the seller on the 16th. They said it had already shipped and they would send out another one if I didn't get anything... Meanwhile they posted a FedEx tracking number that said it had already been delivered on the 14th but when I check my security cameras on the 14th there is no deliveries that day. I have checked every inch of my property inside and out for this "already delivered" package and have found nothing.

something interesting:
-The FedEx # says that the package weights 1lb, but the battery and packaging that I got from my other yuneec H batteries weights over 1.5lbs.

now its in EBAY's hands, who will probably side with the seller due to a tracking #.

Is there anything I can do about this? The seller is being a complete *** about this in his messages to me and until I have a battery in my hands I believe I have been scammed out of $95

***EDIT*** Quickshipco is a drop shipper, deal at your own risk ***EDIT***

Last edited:
Sorry this happened, BUT chances high that eBay will side with you as they have a long reputation of siding with the customer to the detriment of the sellers which often times are the ones that get screwed. I subscribe to /r/flipping on reddit and you constantly run across people attempting to scam sellers and succeeding unless very very specific steps are taken. Best of luck to you.

Always pay with paypal on ebay then you have two options to file a claim.

I try and avoid flea Bay at all costs even if it's a little more money your sanity is more valuable in the end.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Also sorry this has happened. Currently QUICKSHIPCO has the H battery for $129. I had "watched" this item a few days back and did see your negative comment post. I have never had an issue with EBAY and how they ensure if an issue arises, its fixed to satisfaction. Just go thru the process and I'm sure it will get fixed.

Just got off the phone with EBAY

They Denied my claim and sided with the seller (he had a tracking #) so I appealed the case and was able to get a refund from EBAY not the seller because they think that the battery was delivered to the wrong address. They said that due to having an EBAY account for 14 years now and 0 issues they would refund me within 48hrs. So it all worked out in the end but here are some important notes:

Quickshipco is a drop shipper out of California also know as CaliFlow Trading LLC. They never did have a battery they just drop shipped it from another seller.

as soon as I lost the case EBAY promptly removed my feedback from his page (censoring my feedback)

I think I will be shopping elsewhere for batteries from now on...

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-20_10-22-17.png
    upload_2016-7-20_10-22-17.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Hunter_Michael
I try and avoid flea Bay at all costs even if it's a little more money your sanity is more valuable in the end.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You got that right!

It only takes one bad apple seller on eBay to ruin your day,
And eBay has a basket full of bad apples.

Reactions: Jay36Jay
Wow thats crazy, I also ordered batteries from Quickshipco as well as my Typhoon H and i received both. He had the best deals for both 1179 for the H and 95 for batteries. This is disappointing to hear though as i wanted to order my realsense module from him if it ever comes out. I will now be rethinking this.

Wow thats crazy, I also ordered batteries from Quickshipco as well as my Typhoon H and i received both. He had the best deals for both 1179 for the H and 95 for batteries. This is disappointing to hear though as i wanted to order my realsense module from him if it ever comes out. I will now be rethinking this.

I would trust that he will ship (drop ship) you anything you order, however he is terrible at customer service and if you have an issue his advice was to ask EBAY for a refund because he did his part and would not help me out any. I will be using Carolina drones, Amazon, B&H or any other trusted source that provides Good customer service.

Hope you get this resolved but I would not trust Fedex either. They are not a very good for on time deliveries. I have had packages arrive two days after their site said it was delivered.
Put yes you can not go wrong with Carolina Dronz for the best CS ever. Frank stands behind every purchase no matter how small it might be.

Sorry your thread is "cautionary tale" with the old saying; "If its too good to be true, it probably is". Its a reminder to me why I only deal with reputable well-known shops...

Good luck, you still may receive it!

I have had several bad experiences with EBAY and don't shop there and never look for anything on there either.

I always use PAYPAL when it is offered!

Watch out for this seller called QUICKSHIPCO, they just scammed me out of two batteries and provided fake tracking info to ebay claiming it was sent to us and that we already had it. I contacted ebay but they said they cant do anything because he had a tracking number and it showed delivered. Only one problem, it was not even a tracking number from the seller or to me for that matter. It was someone else's unrelated tracking number. So police report filed and credit card dispute started. Interesting side note after see this happen to me (an ebay use of over 20 years with over 1600 positive feedback 100% with ZERO negative or any issues) it can happen to anyone. ebay also removed my negative feedback because he had provided "a tracking number"... I will be closing my ebay account after this ordeal, not worth the risk of being stung twice. Also ebay did make a comment that I am not the first to have this exact issue with this exact seller, yet they remove any negative feedback for him and protect him. Buyer beware... Ebay has gone down hill hard over the years, very hard.

Sorry to hear about this.

Internet sellers are able to manipulate EBAY and provide false information. EBAY IS NOT A TRUSTWORTHY Place to do business. I NEVER USE THEM.

They claim they have a tracking number. Can they or EBAY provide you with the number? That would tell you where the package was delivered too.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you lose in this purchase?

Take Care,

JT

Reactions: PhantomPilot
This is why I only buy from store front dealers. I'll pay a little more to assure I always receive what I paid for, and have solid recourse if and when that fails to happen.

You are correct. I do most of my shopping via Amazon or reputable Online Stores. Amazon will get your money back and then cancel a seller from selling on Amazon again.

There is so much Crap out there today, that you have to be extra careful.

Craigslist is another place to be very careful of as well.

Reactions: PhantomPilot
Sorry to hear about this.

Internet sellers are able to manipulate EBAY and provide false information. EBAY IS NOT A TRUSTWORTHY Place to do business. I NEVER USE THEM.

They claim they have a tracking number. Can they or EBAY provide you with the number? That would tell you where the package was delivered too.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you lose in this purchase?

Take Care,

JT

Almost $300. Unless somehow he magically decides to send them after weeks and weeks of nothing.

Yes Ebay used to be very protective of the buyer but it is the sellers that pay the fees and that's the money source so they have switched and they are very protective of the sellers now.

And I agree that buying in person is best!

Does the FedEx tracking number show the package was even delivered in your town? If the seller gave eBay someone else's tracking information, it probably wouldn't have gone to your town.

Wow, what a horror story.. Reminded me to ALWAYS check a eBay Seller's Feedback before thinking of buying. In this case the guy has 8 Negs in a year. Granted, I realize that eBay Feedback can be manipulated and doesnt carry as much weight as it did in the past but at least it could set off a warning..jmo

I bought an extra battery for my H on the 6th of July from a seller on EBAY, I was super excited because the battery was only $95!!

After a week of not hearing anything about a tracking # and no sign of a package I decided to contact the seller on the 16th. They said it had already shipped and they would send out another one if I didn't get anything... Meanwhile they posted a FedEx tracking number that said it had already been delivered on the 14th but when I check my security cameras on the 14th there is no deliveries that day. I have checked every inch of my property inside and out for this "already delivered" package and have found nothing.

something interesting:
-The FedEx # says that the package weights 1lb, but the battery and packaging that I got from my other yuneec H batteries weights over 1.5lbs.

now its in EBAY's hands, who will probably side with the seller due to a tracking #.

Is there anything I can do about this? The seller is being a complete *** about this in his messages to me and until I have a battery in my hands I believe I have been scammed out of $95

***EDIT*** Quickshipco is a drop shipper, deal at your own risk ***EDIT***
In UK shipper is responsible for loss in postage unless item is recorded delivery.
May be the same over there with you guys.
It will be very clear in Ebay sellers T&C's

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval