Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

End of Life - Phantom 4 & 5

Still got Cerci to deal with.....and how’s Dani gonna take the news about John Snow.....ummm....Egon......

Hey hey! I"m rewatching from 1st season... haven't seen last 2 years... I liked the White Walkers... good you're razzing!

Hahahaha!!!! I’m also restarting season 1

How many had a Phantom in Inventory, or started with a Phantom?
I didn't start with a Phantom, but my first GPS drone was a P2 Vision. I hated the unstabilized camera so I put together a gimbal and worked out the PID settings to get it working. I had to cut off one ear on the camera to get it to fit. About the same time I found the Q500 with a CGO2 and never went back to the P2. But it's still sitting in the garage.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
I still have both a Phantom 2 Vision and a Phantom 2 Vision +. There were great in their day. Relics now. I think I have a F450 tucked away in a corner someplace too.
I learned my manual (ATTI) skills with my P2V+. As you know, the P2 range will only see the one GPS constellation and the P2V+ sometimes has trouble seeing enough satellites for a GPS assisted flight which means that you have to be ready for ATTI kicking in at ant time. This can be improved by putting extra masking between the GPS module and the main board and also moving the wire behind the masking. That way you can improve the number of satellites it can see by one or two on average. But even with that modification GPS can be a bit hit & miss on occasion so I made it my business to get good at manual flying which has transferred well to the H platform.

I agree that the P2 range is old hat compared with what is available today and, yes, they do look a bit toy like, but I still use my P2V+ regularly and sometimes even for the odd commercial job though I do have to run images through post production to remove the fish-eye.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Does yuneec have a chance to catch this time to increase the market share?
By allowing compatible software to be utilized with the typhoons,
ie: PX4, BIM, GIS just to name a few.

MUST ADVERTISE!!!!

Here in the United States, advertising is key, however you must be constant for at least a minimum of 6 months.
You have to understand the demographics of whom you're advertising to. This is basic 101 marketing.

Reactions: RPR and Dougcjohn
Seem DJI has put more focus to Mavic platform for both consume and commercial, is it enough space for a little big size drone like Phantom and Typhoon? And for inspire and M drone, i think it's a little too heavy and expensive for individual use.

By allowing compatible software to be utilized with the typhoons,
ie: PX4, BIM, GIS just to name a few.

MUST ADVERTISE!!!!

Here in the United States, advertising is key, however you must be constant for at least a minimum of 6 months.
You have to understand the demographics of whom you're advertising to. This is basic 101 marketing.

The ability to use non-proprietory programs or partner with outside developers seems like the surest route for long term survival in the market. sUAV's are flying computers and just like computers the long term value is related to availability of, and capability to run, personalized software to do the specific job the end user requires.

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430