Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Enough already...

Reaction score
Okay so I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time now. I took a break for a couple months and just recently started creeping again. After a binge session last night of reading posts and comments I've come to the conclusion that nothing has changed. The amount of toxic people waiting for someone to post a cool video or topic that isn't 100% up to code or legal is mind blowing. For example this guy posted a sweet video that he was proud of and the only comments were guys who wanted to dissect every wrong thing he did. The comment section on these posts become a battle field of weirdos trying to out knowledge the other. First off guys it's super cringey and secondly it's upsetting. If someone posts a vid or topic and it's not up to code maybe just message them privately. Your going to make them not want to post again and this dying forum needs all the subs it can get. Don't get me wrong there are a ton of incredible information on this forum and very helpful stuff but the secret drone police needs to stop.

Okay so I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time now. I took a break for a couple months and just recently started creeping again. After a binge session last night of reading posts and comments I've come to the conclusion that nothing has changed. The amount of toxic people waiting for someone to post a cool video or topic that isn't 100% up to code or legal is mind blowing. For example this guy posted a sweet video that he was proud of and the only comments were guys who wanted to dissect every wrong thing he did. The comment section on these posts become a battle field of weirdos trying to out knowledge the other. First off guys it's super cringey and secondly it's upsetting. If someone posts a vid or topic and it's not up to code maybe just message them privately. Your going to make them not want to post again and this dying forum needs all the subs it can get. Don't get me wrong there are a ton of incredible information on this forum and very helpful stuff but the secret drone police needs to stop.
Do you have a link to the thread? I'd like to take a look at it.

And if you are reluctant to call out an individual out publicly, do as you suggest... and start a conversation with any moderator.

This forum isn't dying. There are new posts every day. It would be nice to see the thread in question though.

I’m not trying to be critical, but you have been a member for almost 3 years and have posted 29 times. It doesn’t add up to being an active member of the forum. Maybe you could post some positive replies to posts where you feel someone is getting an unfair response.

I’ll own up to some of the jovial banter that takes place, but I would really be interested in the threads to which you refer as being over critical.

Reactions: UOForever and DCH
Actually no, someone can lurk here every day and be very up to date on the goings on in this Forum. You can be an active listener without needing to post. However, without some concrete examples, privately or otherwise... it is difficult to interpret the OP's definition of toxic, or how to address the behavior.

Reactions: Gomi and Raptor1963

Gilly....you read my mind & said it much better than I could. People need to learn the difference between "constructive" and "destructive" criticism. Thanks for a great post.

Grumpy hit the nail on the head. When I joined this forum I also joined 2 others. What Gilly stated may be true but the extent on this forum is minimal at best compared to others. As with any forum, there is a degree of opinion whether it be right or wrong. It is what it is. I think hands down we have a superb wealth of knowledge here ... some very intelligent people when it comes to technical support. We are all learning no matter how many flights or videos are under our belts. No one is perfect

This forum isn't dying. There are new posts every day. It would be nice to see the thread in question though.
I think your missing the heart of his post. My thoughts are the same as his. I think many (including myself) are leary of posting because were going to get lambasted for doing so.

I think there would be many more subscribers and those that would check back more often and contribute if many weren't so quick to point out their virtuous knowledge and our lack thereof!

Reactions: DCH and JBibel
Actually no, someone can lurk here every day and be very up to date on the goings on in this Forum. You can be an active listener without needing to post. However, without some concrete examples, privately or otherwise... it is difficult to interpret the OP's definition of toxic, or how to address the behavior.
Eagle Eye, I love you, Steve Carr, Doomeister, PatR etcetera (don't let it go to your heads). I've had run ins with PatR and others that are by far more knowledgeable than I. Fortunately or unfortunately I've told PatR to shove it up his rear end (politely) and hand the sarcasm and attempt to point out that it might have been a little over the top etcetera.

Point being that not everyone is going to take the time to stand up for themselves or cry to mommy (staff members). I think a little less brow beating would help to create a better forum.

Reactions: Raptor1963
In regards to PatR, he has consistently encouraged anyone reading his posts, to do independent research on whatever subject is being discussed at the time. Unfortunately when anyone is posting in a public discussion, there will be a wide range of interpretations depending on the reader's point of view.

What some interpret as pompous or arrogant, I have seen as knowledgeable and rarely unable to back up his assertions with facts and concrete examples. I am also absolutely sure, that there are many that see me through the same lens. To those who have felt hesitant to post in response to any of my activity... this was never my intent.

Personally, I will never understand someone being butthurt by an online interaction, with an individual whom they will in all likelyhood, never meet.

I think your missing the heart of his post. My thoughts are the same as his. I think many (including myself) are leary of posting because were going to get lambasted for doing so.

I think there would be many more subscribers and those that would check back more often and contribute if many weren't so quick to point out their virtuous knowledge and our lack thereof!

As with any forum, there will always be the "Debbie Downers". I've learned that you have to take the critics with a grain of salt and glean the helpful information out. Post whatever you want and the **** with the "Holier than thou" criticizers.

In regards to PatR, he has consistently encouraged anyone reading his posts, to do independent research on whatever subject is being discussed at the time. Unfortunately when anyone is posting in a public discussion, there will be a wide range of interpretations depending on the reader's point of view.

What some interpret as pompous or arrogant, I have seen as knowledgeable and rarely unable to back up his assertions with facts and concrete examples. I am absolutely sure that there are many that see me through the same lens. To those who have felt hesitant to post in response to any of my activity... this was never my intent.

Personally, I will never understand someone being butthurt by an online interaction.
I'm hoping that you, PatR and the other staff aren't butthurt by my comments. For the most part I agree that being butthurt is typically emotional and less fact oriented. On the other hand having a newbie come on board and telling he/she/ze/zer (OK I'm getting tired of PC) that their an idiot and go research before posting is both a problem and a little overboard(speaking in general not to anyone specifically).

I'm saying that at times the spanking was a little bit harsh!

So now that I've beat the dead horse, I'd like to say that I'd like to get more fliers participating in the forum. I'd like to get more fliers on the forum. I'd like to officially announce that most of us guys are old farts (especially the staff) and I'd like to get the staff to contribute to my YuneecGoFundMe page!

While I understand how the OP and others may feel about some of the interactions, we all need to keep in mind that being able to perfectly describe your thoughts and feelings, as well as any other sort of nuance; into the written word, is very difficult for just about everyone. If we could all do it I guess we would all be wealthy novelists or something. :) I always felt as though this is one of the nicest forums on the net.

While I understand how the OP and others may feel about some of the interactions, we all need to keep in mind that being able to perfectly describe your thoughts and feelings, as well as any other sort of nuance; into the written word, is very difficult for just about everyone. If we could all do it I guess we would all be wealthy novelists or something. :) I always felt as though this is one of the nicest forums on the net.
Screw U

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba