Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Errors in the Typhoon H Manual

Well, I hope so Harvey, if we get it and the manual does not state that, How will we know? and I have never had nor desired to use RTH
I don't think it will be long after arrival that someone will report their experience of either crashing or not crashing into something while using RTH. :)

Hey All !, Have you seen the YouTube video that IrixGuy made? The BIG PUSS goes on and on ranting how he cancelled his "H" pre-order because he found out about the DJI lawsuit. What a PUSS, does not want to gamble with his money. Just exactly the scare tactic that DJI wanted and the wuss fell for it ! I knew all long he was probably on DJI's payroll, NO BALLS !

Hey All !, Have you seen the YouTube video that IrixGuy made? The BIG PUSS goes on and on ranting how he cancelled his "H" pre-order because he found out about the DJI lawsuit. What a PUSS, does not want to gamble with his money. Just exactly the scare tactic that DJI wanted and the wuss fell for it ! I knew all long he was probably on DJI's payroll, NO BALLS !
Yes, I saw that shortly after he posted it. He seems quite ignorant; his previous video showed he was confused about how many rotors it had. :)

Having just re read the RTH details in the manual, it seems that if you have a "tree" or similar problem on the return journey, you simply check your altitude on the ST16, take it up to where you require and hit the home button.
Also, as far as I can see, if it's in "Smart" mode it will have the limited obstacle avoidance operating.

Yes, I saw that shortly after he posted it. He seems quite ignorant; his previous video showed he was confused about how many rotors it had. :)
Exactly and ranted how he does extensive research before making vids and decisions ! he thought it was a quad ! sent your stuff this evening should get by Monday!

Having just re read the RTH details in the manual, it seems that if you have a "tree" or similar problem on the return journey, you simply check your altitude on the ST16, take it up to where you require and hit the home button.
Also, as far as I can see, if it's in "Smart" mode it will have the limited obstacle avoidance operating.
Thanks, hope it all works ! If I am out 1000' in line of sight of the craft it is very difficult for the human eye to determine distance from an object. I would just fill better Chris, if I knew the tallest tree or obstacle was say 75' l, I could just set the RTH height to 125' and have no worry about having to stop it/raise it and RTH again, Just set the safe height and let her cruise home. If the avoidance system work well you are correct, it should stop and wait for my command. Thanks for reminding me of that !

Reactions: raymond captuo
Thanks, hope it all works ! If I am out 1000' in line of sight of the craft it is very difficult for the human eye to determine distance from an object. I would just fill better Chris, if I knew the tallest tree or obstacle was say 75' l, I could just set the RTH height to 125' and have no worry about having to stop it/raise it and RTH again, Just set the safe height and let her cruise home. If the avoidance system work well you are correct, it should stop and wait for my command. Thanks for reminding me of that !
if enough of us complain about it maybe yuneec will change it so that we can set our own altitude...should be an easy software fix...but maybe we can change it....what happend to that yuneec rep that used to be one here once in a while?

Reactions: DroneClone
if enough of us complain about it maybe yuneec will change it so that we can set our own altitude...should be an easy software fix...but maybe we can change it....what happend to that yuneec rep that used to be one here once in a while?
They've all put their tails between their legs and high tailed it away ! They don't want to deal with all the "When will it Come" and have to bull **** their way out of a wet paper bag of why they said two weeks a month ago and it's still not here !

I think you can set your own height for RTH, it's just not the default!...... Just take it up to whatever altitude you think is safe and push the button to return, doesn't get any simpler.

I think you can set your own height for RTH, it's just not the default!...... Just take it up to whatever altitude you think is safe and push the button to return, doesn't get any simpler.
Yes, it will do that, but in a emergency situation you may not have time to think or raise it up to required safe height and RTH before you smash it to pieces. I am just comparing to the DJI RTH where you can preset you needed safe RTH height before you even take off and it stays at that set height as default till you change it. I am just curious if it can or will do this for ease of operation and peace of mind. Thanks !

There is an old story that goes "There are two types of Pilots. Those that HAVE landed with the undercarriage up and those that are GOING to land with the undercarriage up" We must be vigilant people.

the manuals are on a piece of elastic at the moment, up, down, up, down......like a yoyo....and they dont mention the HDMI port on the top or connection options out

Hope to see more videos of "How To" as manual is wishy washy in alot of areas. But I bet "us" first receivers are gonna be the guinea pigs !

Yep... first he can't pronounce the letter 'H'... Typhoon Haitch!

Second... He is extremely wishy washy on any topic. I don't know how the heck he got so many subscribers... then again he also does cat videos. :)

Yep... first he can't pronounce the letter 'H'... Typhoon Haitch!

Second... He is extremely wishy washy on any topic. I don't know how the heck he got so many subscribers... then again he also does cat videos. :)
Never got into his vids, they were very boring in my opinion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval