Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Exhausted Wizard Battery

Reaction score
Learned a valuable lesson recently; Keep wizard fully charged!
While practicing Watch Me with the Wizard, I noticed some unusual flight characteristics, so I retrieved the Wizard from my subject and noticed the lights were out. At this point the H was hovering about 10-12 feet off the ground. At first I thought my subject, an 8 year old riding an ATV, had turned it off accidentally, but when I couldn't turn it back on, I realized it had been some time since recharging and concluded that was the problem. My next thought was, no problem, I'll get my ST16, turn it on, wait for a connection, and take control. Alas, I could not establish a connection.
First question: Is it not possible to connect to the H in flight? Or to switch from wizard to ST16?
Second: Any suggestions as to how to handle the situation? (Obviously, keep wizard charged. But, there are other situations that could render the wizard inoperative.)

By holding the wizard "On" button and the "Down" button numerous times (it stayed on for a couple of seconds for a while), I managed to get it down to about 6 feet. I grabbed on and held on until the battery ran down and it shut itself off.

Reactions: Rayray
"I grabbed on and held on until the battery ran down and it shut itself off."

If you're talking about the Typhoon's battery the manual says you shouldn't run the battery until dead, might eventually render it useless. I think that's a LiPo battery thing. If you're talking about the wizard battery then I'm not sure what kind it is, might not want to drain it until dead either.

Once bound to a controller ( ST-16 or Wizard) the H can only bind to a different controller by turning it off/on or tilting it forward to place it into binding mode.
I have tried both ways while in flight. The H will only respond to the controller it was bound to on take off.
Glad you got her back ok.

Reactions: CraigD
Again... isn't it supposed to RTH when it loses connection with a controller for a set period of time?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval