Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Exif data issue

Jom

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the altitude written to the exif data is incorrect for jpg? The correct altitude is written to the file for .dng images but .jpg images have the sign reversed. I took two images yesterday testing out my peau lens. The jpg image said -9.8 ft, the dng said 9.8ft. The H was about 10ft up in the air.

This isn't a huge issue if you know that is what its doing but could be if your using the jpg exif data within another program.

Jon

Their EXIF data is a mess, the creation dates are also wrong depending on whether its a video, jpg, dng.

If you download exiftool you can correct using the command line, including copying meta data from one file to another, based on file attributes or manually set.

Reactions: Pedwergos
3hrs of my life lost sorting out a day's worth of images :(

Thanks for the tip sdharris- exiftool was much better than what I had previously been using and has helped me out there...

Glad it helped. I have a workflow setup to correct exif prior to importing in to Lightroom and I notified Yuneec back in May or early June of the problem. They fixed some of it in a recent firmware but still have some way to go.

You can use FlightCenter (link below in my Sig) as it allows you to go through the images stored on the ST-16 when you take a picture and synchronises them with the telemetry to figure out where on the flight they were taken. It's a bit laborious at the moment, but if you want to quickly find a picture and tie it back to where you were it might help.

Their EXIF data is a mess, the creation dates are also wrong depending on whether its a video, jpg, dng.

If you download exiftool you can correct using the command line, including copying meta data from one file to another, based on file attributes or manually set.
Great post...great find. Thank you!

You can use FlightCenter (link below in my Sig) as it allows you to go through the images stored on the ST-16 when you take a picture and synchronises them with the telemetry to figure out where on the flight they were taken. It's a bit laborious at the moment, but if you want to quickly find a picture and tie it back to where you were it might help.
Hey @Tuna, will your app allow me to pull up telemetry info from the ST16 and pick out something like last recorded Latitude/Longitude....with ease?;)

Hey @Tuna, will your app allow me to pull up telemetry info from the ST16 and pick out something like last recorded Latitude/Longitude....with ease?;)

You can scan through your latest telemetry to find where it went, yes :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval