Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Extended range antennas?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I am seriously considering purchasing a Typhoon H however one gripe that I have with yuneec products is the terrible transmission range. I own a chroma and before my itelite mod I would only get 800 feet maximum range. Since DJI products are bricked where I live, the H is the next best option. So now that its on sale I would like to know of extended range options, specifically those that aren't too directional like the itelite. Ive heard about screwing in patch antennas that upgrade the range but not much else. Any information is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Reactions: GRH
I got about 2,220 max on the H stock antenna, and in the same exact area with the DBS and FPVLR I have gone about 6,000 before flickering of video signal on both, but to "ME" the DBS is less directional in my environment and sturdier built!

Reactions: David Wilson
On the Typhoon H with stock Antenna I got 2100 feet. However there are mods now for the Controller and Modding the H itself with new Antennas that will get you a lot more now and I mean a lot more. Look at videos on YouTube about it.

Reactions: Andre
Hello everyone. So I am seriously considering purchasing a Typhoon H however one gripe that I have with yuneec products is the terrible transmission range. I own a chroma and before my itelite mod I would only get 800 feet maximum range. Since DJI products are bricked where I live, the H is the next best option. So now that its on sale I would like to know of extended range options, specifically those that aren't too directional like the itelite. Ive heard about screwing in patch antennas that upgrade the range but not much else. Any information is greatly appreciated, thank you!
DBS is the best I found,I have two Chromas and are DBS equipped also,I have gotten easily the same numbers as D.C. But he's been out a 1000 ft farther I see , he has tested both the Fp and Db side by side. The DBS fits and works great on the H, and you can easily modify your foam pack to accommodate the DBS as shown by another D.C. Post.

Reactions: DroneClone
DBS is the best I found,I have two Chromas and are DBS equipped also,I have gotten easily the same numbers as D.C. But he's been out a 1000 ft farther I see , he has tested both the Fp and Db side by side. The DBS fits and works great on the H, and you can easily modify your foam pack to accommodate the DBS as shown by another D.C. Post.
Gotcha. Its strange because my DBS for my chroma seems very directional.

I get 2000-3000 feet stock, depending on where I fly. If you are in a congested area with a lot of wi-fi interference you will get less range. Either FPVLR or DBS will more than double your range (generally speaking). I prefer the FPVLR as I've gotten over 9000 feet over land with them and they have been good to deal with (must have learned their lesson)...

I get 2000-3000 feet stock, depending on where I fly. If you are in a congested area with a lot of wi-fi interference you will get less range. Either FPVLR or DBS will more than double your range (generally speaking). I prefer the FPVLR as I've gotten over 9000 feet over land with them and they have been good to deal with (must have learned their lesson)...

I live in a suburban area however there are so many tall trees everywhere. This is why I am casting doubts on the DBS for the typhoon H since in my own experience my DBS ST10+ would be unable to penetrate the foliage of trees and result in complete loss of signal. And I've heard FPVLR is even more sensitive to direction. I would assume stock range would be about 2500 feet in my case. However I have heard of some users screwing on patch antennas and getting 8K feet all at a cost of 40 dollars. Do you have any information regarding such patch antennas? I heard they are fatshark or something like that but I dont know. The reason I am turning to patch antennas is because it doesn't require screwing off the mushroom, which if i'm not mistaken is omnidirectional at close range.

I heard the cheaper patch antennas don't help much. For just a little more $ you can get something proven to work. Putting the antennas on each time I fly takes less than 20 seconds total.

I heard the cheaper patch antennas don't help much. For just a little more $ you can get something proven to work. Putting the antennas on each time I fly takes less than 20 seconds total.
Gotcha. How about boosting the stock antennas? What would I need in order to do that?

Hi All, I was wondering what would extend the range of the Typhoon H at this point. I saw from two years ago that it was DBS or the FPVLR....but not sure it is available any more.....other suggestions?

Hi All, I was wondering what would extend the range of the Typhoon H at this point. I saw from two years ago that it was DBS or the FPVLR....but not sure it is available any more.....other suggestions?
You can still get the itelite range extender for the H

Thanks Thomas,
Is that the only one that works? How far does it extend? I was able to fly out 700-900 meters with the existing antennas....

I get about 1500-2000 feet in urban areas with my Gen 1 H/ST16 (1 remote antenna and 1 mushroom in stock form). I purchased an Itelite and flew it out to just over 5000 feet ( a mile away) at a coastal location (less interference) with no issues but got paranoid because I couldn't see it anymore so flew it home. I can't really think of when I would ever need that kind of range but it was nice to have in case a situation pops up. And I made sure to keep facing the bird as the itelite is directional. But it worked as advertised. May test it to a max distance later this year over some high desert with no interference. I'll update.

I get about 1500-2000 feet in urban areas with my Gen 1 H/ST16 (1 remote antenna and 1 mushroom in stock form). I purchased an Itelite and flew it out to just over 5000 feet ( a mile away) at a coastal location (less interference) with no issues but got paranoid because I couldn't see it anymore so flew it home. I can't really think of when I would ever need that kind of range but it was nice to have in case a situation pops up. And I made sure to keep facing the bird as the itelite is directional. But it worked as advertised. May test it to a max distance later this year over some high desert with no interference. I'll update.
I too have had that feeling about not seeing it when I had my Q with the itelite fitted but had to see just how far I could take it

I've only ever once flown my H out to 500m (the maximum allowed under U.K. law). I could still see it since the lighting conditions were good that day but I wasn't happy about it and brought it back closer. I gotta say, though, that I still had a good video signal at that range and was fully in control using the stock first generation equipment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval