Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Extra antenna shipped with my H520

Reaction score
Hy you guys,

Anyone an idea why I got an extra spare-antenna ? It is not te same-one as plugged into the ST16S. See the picture.

Is this antenna better ?

Attachments

• IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Hy you guys,

Anyone an idea why I got an extra spare-antenna ? It is not te same-one as plugged into the ST16S. See the picture.

Is this antenna better ?
The extra antenna is called a patch antenna and is more directional than the round one in the center of the ST 16s. Ideally the flat (top side) of the square antenna should be pointed at the drone during flight for optimal results. The round or sometimes called "mushroom" antenna is more multi directional. You can use either but hope this helps. The H plus also includes both options in the package.

The extra antenna is called a patch antenna and is more directional than the round one in the center of the ST 16s. Ideally the flat (top side) of the square antenna should be pointed at the drone during flight for optimal results. The round or sometimes called "mushroom" antenna is more multi directional. You can use either but hope this helps. The H plus also includes both options in the package.

Thx for clarifying this. I think this antenna is used for the 5ghz camerafeed and telemetry ?

The mounted Antenna which reminds a little bit of a mushroom (others do more) is so "called clover leaf antenna". They have nearly the same signal strength in every direction, which is good for flying everywhere around you in a closer environment. The other antenna is, as stated before, a patch antenna, which is great for longer distances right in front of you. The reception outside of the corridor right in front of you is not that good.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Docdor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold