Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA 107 Drone Test

I agree in my course (AMA/Fly Robotics) I'm covering material I'll probably never use PERSONALLY, but that's the key word, personally, and I'm not the only one taking the course.

Myself, I'm good at studying, I'm getting all but one or two questions on the practice tests, typically because I rushed through and missed something in the question.

I'm going to assume like most license or certification tests today they use adaptive tests, the questions that you're asked cover genral areas, the computer looks for areas of weakness and nail you to the wall ")

I agree with the majority here.

I passed my 107 last year after reviewing the information in the ASA Test prep Study guide and several youtube videos for things I was struggling with.

Yes, there is a lot of "Real Pilot" stuff to learn because like it or not, you are sharing airspace with manned aircraft. You need to know all the rules because they will throw small screwballs at you that are intentionally there to make sure you know exactly how things are and not just remember the practice test answers. There is an excellent video that Tony Northrup has on his channel going throw all sorts of questions and answers for the 107 test. Not everything on the test is covered by this video though and you still have to use your study guides. I paid $20 for the ASA guide and the only issue I had was reading the damned charts in the airman supplement. Needed a magnifier for them.

You need to know the rules clearly. I called a small mom and pop uncontrolled airfield to notify them I was going to be in the area and was "informed" by the lady that her understanding was that I needed to be at least 500 miles away. Interesting talk.

• Haha
Reactions: DoomMeister
Appears Mom and Pop Podunk are a little misinformed.

For anyone interested, King Schools is running a 21% off price on their 107 course. If you’re looking for the cheapest way to go the course isn’t it. If you truly want to understand the rules and how to work with the system, and pass the test, it’s worth the money.

Unlike our multirotors, which are expenses, the education is an investment.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Talked to the FAA suggesting they have a multi-tiered certificate to accommodate reality, then I realized, this is the same bat [Language removed by Admin] crazy agency that thinks drones are dangerous under any scenario, but let's me fly off in a 103 exempt aircraft no problem

Last edited by a moderator:
The study material I used was from the FAA website. I read the material and then used Prepware to use as a test guide. Some of the questions on the Prepware were word for word, but most were in line with the FAA test. I got an 86. I was proud of that. Too be honest, I only got a few questions about airspace. Most were about regulations, and crew management. Only four questions regarding weather. Nothing on NOTAMS or anything of the like. Kinda felt like I was cheated in a way.

I took the FlyRobotics (AMA) course, passed it with a 98% and then failed every practice test out there because the course was a complete sham that didn't cover half the actual material on the test. So after asking around I took the King Schools course, the result of that was passing the test with a 95% in 35 minutes.

You can argue all you want about what you actually need to know to be a drone pilot, the FAA exam is the final word and you need to lose the attitude or your going to fail repeatedly.

Talked to the FAA suggesting they have a multi-tiered certificate to accommodate reality, then I realized, this is the same bat **** crazy agency that thinks drones are dangerous under any scenario, but let's me fly off in a 103 exempt aircraft no problem

Agreed on that count, an ultralight is well over the 55 lb limit of a UAV. Of course jungle law ends up weeding out those that are not good pilots in the ultralight crowd. With UAV’s the wacka-doo’s just go buy another one to crash or fly beyond a returnable distance.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval