Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA preps traffic management for drones -- GCN

I can sum up this article and every other article that the government is here to help with in one sentence. I'm from the government and I'm here to help, believed no one!

If you ever want to see every sphincter on a flight line tighten up, just make a public announcement the FAA has elected to be present and help out for the day. You’ll also get to witness everyone present that does not absolutely need to be present suddenly find somewhere else to be.

Reactions: thoneter
If we don’t want this it’s up to us to stop it. Letters, phone calls, and e-mails to your elected federal officials in large numbers works.

So how could they possibly integrate drones already in service but not hardware updated to comply with regulations still yet TBD. Such as the remote ID tag assigned to your drone. I would imagine some would/could use a MAC address if it’s anything like the network they’re talking about. What about drones that have no need for a connection to anything other than the controller.

They don’t have to integrate any older systems at all. Left alone they can and will do anything they want, and if that requires grounding older drones that can’t be retrofitted they’ll do it and say it’s for the greater good of the non flying public.

For the purpose of discussion let’s say there are 2 million drones being flown in the U.S., right now. Figure many owners have more than one drone so the number of people flying them is much less than the number of drones. With a population of about 320 million our drones and those flying them represent but a tiny percentage of the population and can be easily sacrificed in order to implement larger, longer distance, high revenue corporate commercial drones that need to be safely separated from all other traffic.

Unless the little guy rears up in his hind legs and roars the government doesn’t care about them. They contribute little or nothing to lobbying efforts and political action groups. Government does care very much about the big money players though as those are the people that line their pockets, give their relatives and friends high salaried jobs, and have a place in their corporate structure for government employees and elected officials when they leave office.

Last edited:
They don’t have to integrate any older systems at all. Left alone they can and will do anything they want, and if that requires grounding older drones that can’t be retrofitted they’ll do it and say it’s for the greater good of the non flying public.

For the purpose of discussion let’s say there are 2 million drones being flown in the U.S., right now. Figure many owners have more than one drone so the number of people flying them is much less than the number of drones. With a population of about 320 million our drones and those flying them represent but a tiny percentage of the population and can be easily sacrificed in order to implement larger, longer distance, high revenue corporate commercial drones that need to be safely separated from all other traffic.

Unless the little guy rears up in his hind legs and roars the government doesn’t care about them. They contribute little or nothing to lobbying efforts and political action groups. Government does care very much about the big money players though as those are the people that line their pockets, give their relatives and friends high salaried jobs, and have a place in their corporate structure for government employees and elected officials when they leave office.

This all sounds to familiar. Reminds me of history classes from junior high school. Shouldn’t we be assembling a tea part or a rebellion of some sort. I think there would be some variance between the hobbiest and the 107 flyer. Although we’re more likely to have issues from the hobbiest class flyer vs the 107. The 107 pilots operate in a far more stringent aspect. Maybe it’s that anyone operating a drone must be 107 compliant in order to operate a drone, or risk being heavily fined by the FAA.

Last edited:
This all sounds to familiar. Reminds me of history classes from junior high school. Shouldn’t we be assembling a tea part or a rebellion of some sort. I think there would be some variance between the hobbiest and the 107 flyer. Although we’re more likely to have issues from the hobbiest class flyer vs the 107. The 107 pilots operate in a far more stringent aspect. Maybe it’s that anyone operating a drone must be 107 compliant in order to operate a drone, or risk being heavily fined by the FAA.
It does resemble the Boston tea party, except that back then everyone except the British hated big government. Nowadays most are dependent on the government and couldn't live without them.

We're a small, small, small thorn in the government's paw. Google, Amazon etcetera will use their clout to make sure we're a blip in history.

It's already happening at FBook, YouBube, Tweety as their targeting anyone with a different viewpoint. Look at Infowars or Prager University.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin