Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fairway Heights

Reaction score
If there aren't many people playing, golf courses are great places to fly. And of those that are playing, if you stay above their maximum ball height, which is 40m, there's not much to get in your way.

The best trees, the most nicely looked-after grounds, and lots and lots of generally pleasing green space and the evening sky above.
It was Sunday evening, and all my regular haunts were full of either people playing cricket, or the great GP out doing whatever they do on evenings like this, but weather was nearly perfect for flying, and so I visited by local Pay and Play golf club (the smaller of the 2 in town), where the Manager there is kind enough to let me drop in and fly about occasionally. Now I had acres and acres of largely private space to play with...

Enjoyed my 3 flights here very much, and the H was her normal impeccably behaved self for all of them ! :)

Also did a little fake HDR pano of that. Took 18 shot pano exposed for ground, and then did 8 shot sky pano with much higher shutter speed for nice moody sky.

Last edited:
We have some good ones in the Cotswolds, one near me contains s large Iron age fort, with miles of countryside. They are great places to fly, and here it's a public area.

Reactions: AeroJ
It would be a difficult choice for me. Fly, play golf…fly, play golf…oh heck I’ll play golf, then fly at golden hour when it’s hard to see the ball in the sun’s glare.

I really like the silky smooth pans while the H is moving at the beginning of the video. Very nice flying and editing. Wish the color and contrast were a bit richer.

Wish the color and contrast were a bit richer.

Yes I could have turned all that up, but I think what I ended up with was a fair representation of what I was seeing at the time - it was fairly dull greens under a sort of diffuse greyish sky, and seeking to avoid the chemical neons I see in so many other vids I sometimes err slightly on the desaturated side if in doubt :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy