Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using Skyview

Reaction score
I bought the Skyviews for my Typhoon H awhile back. Have mainly used to watch shows off of SD cards through the ST16+. The other day I used them to shoot a house. To sunny to not use the sun shade, but also to sunny to even use it when looking in certain directions. So, I pulled out my SkyViews. Man ! they worked great for what I needed. Inside there, It's a new world.

I know a few people are scared to fly with them because you can't see around your drone, that's true. It was hard to know how low I could get before landing in a tree. The reason I wasn't too worried about it was because I'm familiar with the area and where the main trees were. It actually was really fun to use them. I got a little bummed when I was flying to low to safely use them. I still left them on my forehead so they were ready for use in the near future flights.

I noticed how much easier it was to orbit the house. I could tell when I was yawing to much and if I was traveling to fast. Also, that annoying side to side thing you do when you get nervous flying close in between objects. ( Like trees) The whole shot is ruined after that. You could see it better with the Skyviews on.

Later in the day, I used them to locate my younger siblings that were playing on a hillside that had a pretty good tree canopy over it. That was harder. Trying to get low enough to see them, but to also high enough to avoid that tree that is always 20ft taller than the rest waiting to eat your drone alive. They don't make it any easier when they take off running down the hill side. Trying to track them and trees ? forget it. There is still lots of con and pros about FPV googles for a drone of this size, of any size for that matter. But this was just a few of the pros. Feel free to post your opinion on this. I know for fact I'll be using the Skyviews again in the near future.

The best way to use them is in conjunction with another pilot (two ST16). Have the camera operator use them for the shots being tracked, meanwhile the pilot uses VLOS to be able to see obstacles safely. The Typhoon H is a very large craft that can cause a lot of damage or serious injury in the blink of an eye. Safety should always be your number one priority, so being able to see your craft is top of that list.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital