Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fed up with Yuneec not fixing problems and sending it in repeatedly

Reaction score
Ok this is a long story I have 2 of the Typhoon Hs I bought when they 1st came out which was my 1st mistake. My 1st one I was flying at our local park after doing all calibrations it seemed to be flying well the battery was about 1/2 way so I decided to land it when I was coming down about 20 feet from the ground. The H got a mind of its own and started flying out of control right towards a group of people and just missed them and flew into a fence smashing it up pretty good. I also must add accident avoidance and Smart Mode was also off which I never use either. So I called Yuneec Customer service which are awesome by the way I cant say enough good stuff about them. So they sent me a RMA and off it went to Calli for fix #1 from Chicago. So I got it back about 3 weeks later and I noticed that 2 of the arms wouldn't stay locked and just fell out of position when I raised them so needless to say I had to send it in a second time. This time I got it back in 3 weeks and everything seemed to be good. So me and my son calibrated it and started flying it. It flew great we were very impressed with the way it flew. So the battery was about 2/3 or so we brought it in to land and once again O/V and Smart mode were off. It landed fine and as soon as I went to power it down it jumped up and bearly missed me and my son and ran straight into the side of my house smashing it up again. I couldn't believe it man I just got it back WTH...?? So that happened on Saturday so on Monday I called Yuneec again told them what happened and I suggested it might be a bad GPS or something and they said they would check it out. So they sent me a RMA and I sent it in for a 3rd time this time they repaired and sent it back it took over a month to get it back. And all 3 times I got it back it came with the 27 point inspection list said everything was fine. So I calibrated it and flew about 5 times with it and all seemed to be fine. I was happy cool. So a friend of mine works for a Real estate agency asked me if I could fly for a rooftop inspection of a very large home. I said sure since I had regained my confidence back with it. So I went to the customers house set up and started flying the homeowner was home and was really interested in how they flew all was going well while her and her son were watching from the backyard. The H started flying totally out of control I couldn't do anything it was about 100 Ft of the ground fying all different ways towards the neighbors and back and above her house and totally out of control for over 2 mins I had nothing. So after that somehow I was able to get control again and basically crash land it in a safe place in the yard. So the Homeowner basically kicked me out of there and called my friend and ragged him out for putting her and her son in danger. So needless to say I wont be getting any referrals from him anytime to soon. So I called yuneec again told them whats happened and once again on its way in for the 4th time. Now thats the 1st H now on to the second. It has been in for 3 times also for stuff ranging from camera not staying connected arms not staying up or loose continuous loss of GPS lock. So its on its way back for the 4th time for 4 unlockable arms that just fall when I try to lock them. And the ST-16 both of them every time I sent them in I mentioned the fans were loose and every time I got it back they were not fixed. Im not trying to be a whiner or anything I think I have been pretty patient with them before posting anything negative. I just hope I can get 2 working Hs one I had planned on using for Commercial and the other for Hobby. If Yuneec is reading these Forums I hope someone can help me because I really like Yuneec. In the mean time while my Hs were getting fixed I bought a P4 so I had something to fly. And I have been pretty impressed but I dont like it as much as a working H. They are AWESOME when they fly right.

And I forgot I have had to send both ST-16s in because of charging issues. And they did send me 2 brand new ones. So I do give them credit on that but doesn't make up for all the aggravation. My biggest fear is the warranty is gonna expire and im gonna be **** out of luck on both of them. I was told by Andrew Radtke yesterday they will give me credit for the time it has been at Yuneec but not the shipping time. Now that is way messed up. Because it takes a week to get there. I should have waited for the Pro to come out and got that one. I read a lot of people are having way better luck with that. I really at this point would like to get my money back. I have kinda lost hope.

Last edited:
Man, that is AWFUL! What a horror story. If it was me, I would ask them to REPLACE both Units with new ones rather than attempt any further repairs on either one. Obviously what they are repairing isn't the problem. JMO
I'd be talking to someone further up the Yuneec food chain..

Man, that is AWFUL! What a horror story. If it was me, I would ask them to REPLACE both Units with new ones rather than attempt any further repairs on either one. Obviously what they are repairing isn't the problem. JMO
I'd be talking to someone further up the Yuneec food chain..
Man I have spent hours trying to get to someone higher and nothing..... I have asked for replacements and all they do is send me back the same ones. And I know this because I have taking pictures of the serial #s

Man I have spent hours trying to get to someone higher and nothing..... I have asked for replacements and all they do is send me back the same ones. And I know this because I have taking pictures of the serial #s
Just started a "conversation" with you, hopefully I can get you pointed in the right direction...

Very strange, i never had any big problems ore issues since i bought the H.
Perhaps i have one from the good batch
I bought it begin of June
I have a Euro version.

Max2206

Ok this is a long story I have 2 of the Typhoon Hs I bought when they 1st came out which was my 1st mistake. My 1st one I was flying at our local park after doing all calibrations it seemed to be flying well the battery was about 1/2 way so I decided to land it when I was coming down about 20 feet from the ground. The H got a mind of its own and started flying out of control right towards a group of people and just missed them and flew into a fence smashing it up pretty good. I also must add accident avoidance and Smart Mode was also off which I never use either. So I called Yuneec Customer service which are awesome by the way I cant say enough good stuff about them. So they sent me a RMA and off it went to Calli for fix #1 from Chicago. So I got it back about 3 weeks later and I noticed that 2 of the arms wouldn't stay locked and just fell out of position when I raised them so needless to say I had to send it in a second time. This time I got it back in 2 weeks and everything seemed to be good. So me and my son calibrated it and started flying it. It flew great we were very impressed with the way it flew. So the battery was about 2/3 or so we brought it in to land and once again O/V and Smart mode were off. It landed fine and as soon as I went to power it down it jumped up and bearly missed me and my son and ran straight into the side of my house smashing it up again. I couldn't believe it man I just got it back WTH...?? So that happened on Saturday so on Monday I called Yuneec again told them what happened and I suggested it might be a bad GPS or something and they said they would check it out. So they sent me a RMA and I sent it in for a 3rd time this time they repaired and sent it back it took over a month to get it back. And all 3 times I got it back it came with the 27 point inspection list said everything was fine. So I calibrated it and flew about 5 times with it and all seemed to be fine. I was happy cool. So a friend of mine works for a Real estate agency asked me if I could fly for a rooftop inspection of a very large home. I said sure since I had regained my confidence back with it. So I went to the customers house set up and started flying the homeowner was home and was really interested in how they flew all was going well while her and her son were watching from the backyard. The H started flying totally out of control I couldn't do anything it was about 100 Ft of the ground fying all different ways towards the neighbors and back and above her house and totally out of control for over 2 mins I had nothing. So after that somehow I was able to get control again and basically crash land it in a safe place in the yard. So the Homeowner basically kicked me out of there and called my friend and ragged him out for putting her and her son in danger. So needless to say I wont be getting any referrals from him anytime to soon. So I called yuneec again told them whats happened and once again on its way in for the 4th time. Now thats the 1st H now on to the second. It has been in for 3 times also for stuff ranging from camera not staying connected arms not staying up or loose continuous loss of GPS lock. So its on its way back for the 4th time for 4 unlockable arms that just fall when I try to lock them. And the ST-16 both of them every time I sent them in I mentioned the fans were loose and every time I got it back they were not fixed. Im not trying to be a whiner or anything I think I have been pretty patient with them before posting anything negative. I just hope I can get 2 working Hs one I had planned on using for Commercial and the other for Hobby. If Yuneec is reading these Forums I hope someone can help me because I really like Yuneec. In the mean time while my Hs were getting fixed I bought a P4 so I had something to fly. And I have been pretty impressed but I dont like it as much as a working H. They are AWESOME when they fly right.

And I forgot I have had to send both ST-16s in because of charging issues. And they did send me 2 brand new ones. So I do give them credit on that but doesn't make up for all the aggravation. My biggest fear is the warranty is gonna expire and im gonna be **** out of luck on both of them. I was told by Andrew Radtke yesterday they will give me credit for the time it has been at Yuneec but not the shipping time. Now that is way messed up. Because it takes a week to get there.
What country are you in so we can determine the bad support?

Sky,
Join the club. Yuneec is good at taking care of the customer. They just suck at quality control and doing the entire job right.

Reactions: SkyDrone
Sky,
Join the club. Yuneec is good at taking care of the customer. They just suck at quality control and doing the entire job right.
Sad but true my friend...Sux Put it this way they could have saved a ton of money on shipping.

Sky,
Bob this is what I've been talking about I'm glad you posted this

Your warranty will be up and you will be stuck in the mud. I own one and luckily I have not had the problems you are having YET. If you are a pro then find something else. I have ideas for you but I am not going to post them in a forum. PM if you like. Happy Flying everyone.....:)

I've had 2 back to back fly aways with a perfect flight in between both fly aways. Both resulted in a crash. I sent in the 1st crash and Yuneec repaired. Got it back and same thing again. I've been talking to Andrew R and the supervisor Nesha. Got a new unit which they updated to newest firmware b4 sending to me.

I have to call repeatedly before I get to the right place. The GPS module and compass were both supposedly replaced on the 1st crash. Today I fired up the H and got a GPS error and after it went off on its own it would not arm. Had to turn both off and re-initialize and it flew fine. My new H is making a vibrating noise and the 16 is giving a completely white screen for a split second randomly.

Yup sounds about right why would they pay to have it shipped to them and not fix it. Are you sure they replaced your unit because they have told me they did and didnt. I know because I took pics of the serial #s. And Andrew R he has had my drone in his hands when I sent in for arms that wouldnt stay locked he called me and said nothing was wrong with them I got it back and they were still broke. Hes full of sh*t too.
The first time I sent it in they lost the logs and wouldn't pull them from the H. I called and complained about that and they said they had already sent the H back to me. They had just called to let me know they had flown the H. Weird to me that they actually called me while testing the H! Said everything was fine and shipped back. The logs of the flight in California had compass and battery errors.

The first time I sent it in they lost the logs and wouldn't pull them from the H. I called and complained about that and they said they had already sent the H back to me. They had just called to let me know they had flown the H. Weird to me that they actually called me while testing the H! Said everything was fine and shipped back. The logs of the flight in California had compass and battery errors.
Yea like I said they dont fix anything they just fix the minimum they have too and send it back. Whats the use of sending it in besides you not having it for over 3 weeks. I have been talking to a higher up the chain and see if that helps they have both mine right now. I told them I want my money back or upgrade me we will see what happens im keeping my fingers crossed they will make this right.

Yea like I said they dont fix anything they just fix the minimum they have too and send it back. Whats the use of sending it in besides you not having it for over 3 weeks. I have been talking to a higher up the chain and see if that helps they have both mine right now. I told them I want my money back or upgrade me we will see what happens im keeping my fingers crossed they will make this right.
Can't blame you for being upset. I have well over $5k invested in their products including two H's and three Q's. While 99% of owners never have any problems, those that do sometimes end up caught in a perpetual Groundhog Day syndrome. It's still a mystery how some people get their H fixed on the first try and others fall into the quicksand.
I sincerely hope that Yuneec is monitoring this page and can get you some relief. You both deserve better than you've gotten so far.

Reactions: stevemitchell
Can't blame you for being upset. I have well over $5k invested in their products including two H's and three Q's. While 99% of owners never have any problems, those that do sometimes end up caught in a perpetual Groundhog Day syndrome. It's still a mystery how some people get their H fixed on the first try and others fall into the quicksand.
I sincerely hope that Yuneec is monitoring this page and can get you some relief. You both deserve better than you've gotten so far.
Thank you steve I really hope so too I really like there stuff I have a Q-500 that has been threw **** and it has been a dream to fly I know exactly how its gonna act and have never had problems like I have from my Hs. I mean its like they have a grudge with me or something like I just want 2 good machines. One for work and one for play I own a Phantom 4 and love it but Yuneec is the one I like more if it works right. Will see what happens I have learned alot from reading alot of your posts on here. I am a new member but have been following this site since the H came out. Thank you for caring enough to post Steve.....

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval