Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Files LRS ?

Reaction score
After a shot, I ended up with files "LRS" !
These files are numbers missing from my shot; for example, I have a jpg file "001.jpg" and "003.jpg", the missing file is "002.LRS" !
How to recover these LRS files ?
I can not find any trick or software for that !
Below, a screenshot of the jpg and LRS files:exemple.jpg

No, the drone was flying and I was shooting normally.
But a detail makes me think of an incident, sometimes I did not hear the sound of the shutter release !
Maybe this is the problem, having made a photo after another photo without hearing the sound trigger !

Reactions: biltno
Might be a stupid question, but what exactly is the LRS file used for?

This is also the question that brings my message to the forum !
Why these LRS files and how to recover them, because they are unreadable by photo processing software ! ;)

Reactions: mbernholdt
No, the drone was flying and I was shooting normally.
But a detail makes me think of an incident, sometimes I did not hear the sound of the shutter release !
Maybe this is the problem, having made a photo after another photo without hearing the sound trigger !
It is the lowres file that are synced to the remote. They can be opened with a media player like VLC on a computer [emoji12]

As mentioned above, they are simply low res versions of the files and in most cases not used or saved. If you have a use for them you can change the extender on the photo version to .jpg and the video versions to mp4 for better compatibility.

No ! These files "LRS" are not in low resolution, I recovered by renaming the extension in JPG, and they are in high resolution jpg like the other JPG files recorded on the micro SD card.
They should not be confused with the video return files stored on the ST16s radio remote control.
The photo files on the ST16s are them in low resolution and not seriously expoitable.
That's it, problem solved ! :)
So when you have LRS files on your micro SD card from the camera C23, they will be according to the quality chosen on the shooting settings.
In my case, it was in JPG + DNG, 5472 X 3648 dpi.

Reactions: mbernholdt
No ! These files "LRS" are not in low resolution, I recovered by renaming the extension in JPG, and they are in high resolution jpg like the other JPG files recorded on the micro SD card.
They should not be confused with the video return files stored on the ST16s radio remote control.
The photo files on the ST16s are them in low resolution and not seriously expoitable.
That's it, problem solved ! :)
So when you have LRS files on your micro SD card from the camera C23, they will be according to the quality chosen on the shooting settings.
In my case, it was in JPG + DNG, 5472 X 3648 dpi.
Ok so it is only the video files that are low rez. And for the jpg they are only taking space? Just out of curiosity have you made a comparison in quality between the two?

Yes, and the quality of the LRS file was identical to that of a JPG file set to 5472 X 3648 dpi, on the micro SD card of the C23 camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manalitourpackage