Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally, my Q500 4k is here...So...Now What?!?

Reaction score
Now is when I will be bugging the crap out of you all.

After flying it for the first time and getting foggy video, I fixed that by taking the film off the lens...LOL....DOOH!

Now, I am in the process of trying to figure out where to put what SD card. I have the 16 that came with the unit and the 4 gig that is in the ST10. I had to find a video on You Tube to figure out how to remove and replace it...

I have a new U3 class 10 64 Gb card that will be here tomorrow, but I am unsure whether to put the larger one in the camera, or in the ST10...Unsure, because I don't know which card the video I get will come from?

Will Windows 10 recognize the ST10 when connected to the USB.

I have had to switch from using the Media player in Windows 10 to view the footage to Quicktime, because Windows will BSOD me everytime.

I am sure I missing something I wanted to find out about...But I know where to find you guys...you can run, but you can't hide! ;)

Look at the bottom of your COG3 camera this is where you will insert the micro card. Be careful it will only go in one way. Once you have finished flying, make sure you turn off the video (if you have it on) before you turn off the Q.
Then watch in on your lap top or computer. I use GOM Player it's a free software.

Last edited:
Look at the bottom of your COG3 camera that is where you will insert the micro card. Be careful it will only go in one way. Once you have finished flying, make sure you turn off the video (if you have it on) before you turn off the Q.
Then watch in on your lap top or computer. I use GOM Player it's a free software.

Thanks for the info, I guess I made the right call installing the 16 Gb card in the ST10 controller then? Is there any way to change the video format before getting it off the camera? I am thinking probably not.

Once you reinsert the micro card in the SD card then you can watch it on the lap top or computer. If you record directly from the ST it will only record in 720. The micro card will record 4k in the camera.

Thanks for the info, I guess I made the right call installing the 16 Gb card in the ST10 controller then? Is there any way to change the video format before getting it off the camera? I am thinking probably not.
The 16 is not sufficient for recording, the 64 is what you want.
I use Samsung SD adapter for microSD 64Gb

OK, I am going to put the one I ordered from Amazon in the Camera...Specs Below, I paid $19.99 for it delivered.
  • Up to 100MB/s & 60MB/s read & write speeds respectively; Class 10 UHS 3
  • High-performance for 4K UHD video recording, high resolution pictures, mobile gaming and music, for use in Smartphones, Drones, Android Tablets, Tablet PCs, Action Cameras, DSLRs and more
  • Includes: Full-Size adapter for use in Cameras and Laptop/Desktop Computers
  • 10-year limited warranty
  • Interface UHS-I, compatible to HS interface, UHS-I, compatible to HS interfaceGb/s, Write Speed Up to 20MB/s

OK, I am going to put the one I ordered from Amazon in the Camera...Specs Below, I paid $19.99 for it delivered.
  • Up to 100MB/s & 60MB/s read & write speeds respectively; Class 10 UHS 3
  • High-performance for 4K UHD video recording, high resolution pictures, mobile gaming and music, for use in Smartphones, Drones, Android Tablets, Tablet PCs, Action Cameras, DSLRs and more
  • Includes: Full-Size adapter for use in Cameras and Laptop/Desktop Computers
  • 10-year limited warranty
  • Interface UHS-I, compatible to HS interface, UHS-I, compatible to HS interfaceGb/s, Write Speed Up to 20MB/s
Great,
Go Sooners

A couple of quick questions...First, how do I make sure the video is being recorded to the 65Gb in the camera?

Second, what is the micro usb port for on the camera? I hooked it up to my computer, but nothing was "recognized".

TI\A

TW

I amy actually get to take it out for a test flight and recording session later today....If the wind will let me...:p

The micro USB port on the camera is apparently for factory use only, and cannot be used to interface with a PC to dump videos without removing the SD card. The little multi-pin plug next to that is for the USB programmer device.

If you have an SD card in the camera, video is recording to that. The card in the ST10+ only writes telemetry data, it does not interface with the camera unless you put it in the camera.

Have fun with your new drone, the Q500 is a great/stable drone for photography.
The larger, better, faster card goes directly into the camera and you have to remove the card after filming and insert it into a computer to retrieve and view the videos and pictures from it. The images on the camera's card are the ones you want, full resolution, etc. They are saved as MP4 files and just about any video program should be able to read/play them.
You mentioned not being able to read the files? I think you were trying to play the extremely low-resolution video files that are on the card in the ST10 controller? I found that VLC Player opened those but they are only there to review if for some reason the drone flys away or is lost so you can look at those to get a clue of where it went since to actual recorded video will be on the camera attached to the drone.
As mentioned above, That micro USB connector on the camera has no purpose to a user.
There is a way to connect to the CGO 3 ( camera on the drone) wirelessly and retrieve the files, but it is slow and not reliable. I would save that until you have a bit more time under your belt

Reactions: Texas_Willie
T. The card in the ST10+ only writes telemetry data, it does not interface with the camera unless you put it in the camera.

The micro SD card does in fact write a low resolution video from the camera besides the telemetry data it collects.

Reactions: Texas_Willie
Hmm. Maybe I need to check this then, it might be full. I've never removed that card.
I replaced the 4Gb card in the ST10, with the 32Gb card that was originally in the camera. So, I am pretty sure I will be good to go there for a while :D

First: A microsd card that you want to use for recording video you must insert into cgo3 camera (not ST controller). Microsd card in rc controller is for flightlogs only, you should not flight w/o it.

Secound: When you bind q500 with controller and see camera preview, hit recording button and then you will see red dot on screen and time of recording. If camera could not record video then you will see alert on screen. After flight be sure you end up video recording before turn off q500.

Have nice flights.

Now is when I will be bugging the crap out of you all.

After flying it for the first time and getting foggy video, I fixed that by taking the film off the lens...LOL....DOOH!

Now, I am in the process of trying to figure out where to put what SD card. I have the 16 that came with the unit and the 4 gig that is in the ST10. I had to find a video on You Tube to figure out how to remove and replace it...

I have a new U3 class 10 64 Gb card that will be here tomorrow, but I am unsure whether to put the larger one in the camera, or in the ST10...Unsure, because I don't know which card the video I get will come from?

Will Windows 10 recognize the ST10 when connected to the USB.

I have had to switch from using the Media player in Windows 10 to view the footage to Quicktime, because Windows will BSOD me everytime.

I am sure I missing something I wanted to find out about...But I know where to find you guys...you can run, but you can't hide! ;)
YouTube is a great place ti find how to videos, I have learned most of what I know about my drones from YouTube...I use a 32GB SD card in my camera, after each flying session, I down load it to my computer and start fresh the next time....I have never fill up my 32GB SD card, I have had my Q500 4K for 2 years now.....love it.....I am trying to remember, there may be an adapter to put that SD card in, when you take it out of the camera and plug it into your computer USB port....and like somebody else here said...MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF THE VIDEO< BEFORE YOU TURN OFF THE POWER TO THE DRONE, or the video will not finalize and you will not be able to view it, it will be lost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity