Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Build 822 Just Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickeyboo,

For the benefit of all, please DO NOT remain silent. Your talent, experience, and wisdom has helped many and I hope you will continue to do so.

Regarding the FAA’s “current firmware” status; the FAA also requires a pilot to assure an aircraft is safe for flight. If current firmware has been established as being unsafe for flight they cannot legally make use of it. Catch 22 but the PIC is solely responsible for the safe outcome of a flight. There’s room to argue that retaining “safe” firmware until later firmware has been corrected and proven safe is a justified action.

And who and how is firmware determined to be unsafe?
And I get that there are things that don't show up in the manuals, but in this case Yuneec has told several people directly that access to the secret menu was not intended for public use. It follows that these calibrations are something they use at the factory level.

I was trying to read the long post on my phone, which made it harder. Did not mean to dismiss it, but regardless, Yuneec clearly does not feel this is an issue, hence they pass word protected it.

All of this brings up the question, how does DJI do it? Does the end user perform any calibrations beyond compass? Or are they done at the factory? Can the user even access advanced calibrations in a DJI product?

Reactions: Phaedrus
While we are at it with respect to 107 operations, this is what Part 107 actually says:

§107.15 Condition for safe operation.
(a) No person may operate a civil small unmanned aircraft system unless it is in a condition for safe operation. Prior to each flight, the remote pilot in command must check the small unmanned aircraft system to determine whether it is in a condition for safe operation.

(b) No person may continue flight of the small unmanned aircraft when he or she knows or has reason to know that the small unmanned aircraft system is no longer in a condition for safe operation.

and

§107.19 Remote pilot in command.
(a) A remote pilot in command must be designated before or during the flight of the small unmanned aircraft.

(b) The remote pilot in command is directly responsible for and is the final authority as to the operation of the small unmanned aircraft system.

(c) The remote pilot in command must ensure that the small unmanned aircraft will pose no undue hazard to other people, other aircraft, or other property in the event of a loss of control of the aircraft for any reason.

(d) The remote pilot in command must ensure that the small UAS operation complies with all applicable regulations of this chapter.

(e) The remote pilot in command must have the ability to direct the small unmanned aircraft to ensure compliance with the applicable provisions of this chapter.

I’m done!!!! [emoji23] We all should just stick with the Official OTA instead in peeking into the Global OTA.

We all should just stick with the Official OTA instead in peeking into the Global OTA.
This IS Official OTA!! I only shop Official OTA anymore. If I say something it released, you can assume it is from the Official OTA. This isn't a full build, it is very small and quick to download. We'll find out tomorrow what is fixed. I am now moving all future comment s to the new Post.
Build 829 is now out. Here we go again!

This IS Official OTA!! I only shop Official OTA anymore. If I say something it released, you can assume it is from the Official OTA. This isn't a full build, it is very small and quick to download. We'll find out tomorrow what is fixed. I am now moving all future comment s to the new Post.
Build 829 is now out. Here we go again!

Could be a patch. Can you see the IMU, GYRO and RC calibration?

Just noticed that the update info changed (829 added). Updated just now. All went smoothly.
Earlier while doing the actual update I was showing 11 satellites on the controller and 13 on the H+. And I was sitting in my kitchen (which is inside my house ? . )

I'll fly it tomorrow.

Attachments

• Firmware.jpg
    Firmware.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 14
Just noticed that the update info changed (829 added). Updated just now. All went smoothly.
Already old news! Have you seen the new thread?
Glad to see the (Japan) file gone!

Reactions: Phaedrus
Oh my oh my, this is awful.
A password to be able to get to fundamental parts of the calibration to make sure your aircraft is flying correctly.
WOW what a joke

But if you look now at the time of my post 822 has gone and its back officially to 784. Must be finding some right issues in there to keep rolling back
I'd like to think positive, maybe they pulled back the 822 build in order to re-design the menu so that accelerometer calibration would be available without entering a "secret" menu (just like it is with dji, Parrot and others).

The 822 stays on my H Plus for more tests.

All of this brings up the question, how does DJI do it? Does the end user perform any calibrations beyond compass? Or are they done at the factory? Can the user even access advanced calibrations in a DJI product?
On Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Air and Mavic Pro (used to had this too) you can enter the "Sensor State" menu and perform IMU and compass calibrations from the dji Go 4 software. Gimbal calibration is also available (my biggest complain with the Typhoon H+ but latest firmware addressed that)
Regarding IMU, you are warned TWICE NOT to do it unless absolutely necessary.
In the 6 years I own/fly dji drones (Phantom 2 Vision, P3P, P4P, Mavic Pro, Spark, Mavic Air), I never performed any IMU calibration.
Ever!

Reactions: DCH and Phaedrus
IMU is misunderstood, combined with Gyro and RC mapping/calibration. The compass calibration can bandaid some of problems if any (drift; up, down, left, right) but the problem will not go away, without recalibrating the parameters. If you guys dig deeper of why drone aided 3D Photogrammetry is precise, it is because of the IMU, along with satellite positioning GPS and GLONASS , these are the basic components of the flight controller “system” IMU is debated, because some does not understand its purpose. 3DR and PIXHAWK has a great write up, some are old articles, but a great read.

If the IMU is taken away from drones that are flying 3D Mapping missions, the support of having these necessary tools in assisting a successful flight IMU, GYRO, Compass and RC calibration would quadruple in favor of.

If tomorrow comes that a new system is introduced without flaws, then that will be the day that we will see drones delivering packages.

And do not say never EVER @Frontier because what ever goes up, must come down.

I've just updated to the latest build. The only issue was that I had to bind the controller to the drone and camera. The one benefit is I can now use the SanDisk Extreme PLUS cards that have the number '3' on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li