Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update due next week

Personally I hope they fix it from dropping out eight or 10 times when you're in a photo shoot

It would be nice if the firmware would move the GPS on/off to the nice unused Aux (B2).
Using the touch screen to turn it on/off is a PITA.

I think having it on the aux would make it too easy to accidentally knock and turn off gps,fine if your experienced a nightmare if your not,maybe they should give you the option of programming it to the aux if you want it there,but forcing it there is a bad idea in my mind.

There has got to be a solution for video dropping out with the slightest obstacle, such as a tree getting in the way. The only way I see is to boost the ST16 video signal. And yes, I've seen all the YouTube videos of guys doing this, but there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive kit with step by step instructions. Anyone know of such? I would much prefer to do this myself, but at this point, I would have thought there would be online services to do this as well.

Reactions: Big Ed
I think having it on the aux would make it too easy to accidentally knock and turn off gps,fine if your experienced a nightmare if your not,maybe they should give you the option of programming it to the aux if you want it there,but forcing it there is a bad idea in my mind.
I haven't tried it but I can't you reassign the buttons on the ST16? I thought you could. Probably wrong and don't have mine in my office with me to check

Did the person you spoke to elaborate or just said there an update due next with no further details?[/QUOT

Well here is the entire thread

Spoke to Yuneec today apparently there is a firmware update next week

Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Comment
Seen by 101
Comments

Ricc de Felice
For the camera I believe.

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Matt Williams
Yep the problem with some people having the tilted camera

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Ricc de Felice
Oh the joys of a firmware update.

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Matt Williams
Don't know if it's both or just the camera

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Steve Perry
i still get the disconnect when raising landing gear , its a known issue but not fixed yet .

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Rachel Speller
YES!!!! This happens, but not every time. It is totally intermittent and as yet, cannot work out the pattern as to why it sometimes does, and sometimes doesn't.

Like · Reply · 1 · 21 hrs

Jonas Agerbjer
Same for me. =(

Like · Reply · 21 hrs
View more replies
13173642_10208777135613117_470683293657701979_n.jpg

Write a reply...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/yuneec.typhoon.h.uk/?ref=bookmarks#

Matt Williams
It's weird as I don't have that issue Steve Perry

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Steve Perry
its a pain Matt Williams , i have to reset manual controls on the camera and if im already filming it cuts it off.

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Jonas Agerbjer
Same for me.

Like · Reply · 21 hrs
13173642_10208777135613117_470683293657701979_n.jpg

Write a reply...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/yuneec.typhoon.h.uk/?ref=bookmarks#

Matt Williams
Hopefully it will sort all the issues

Like · Reply · 1 · 21 hrs

Barry Clack
Some cracking changes to the controller!

Like · Reply · 10 hrs

Matt Williams
Like what Barry Clack

Hopefully it will be the update we have asked for,my camera is properly focused and takes good video and pictures but still takes an age to connect and most flights it drops out for a good 2 minutes before it reconnects which then resets all my camera settings so I have to set it all again and this happens when the H is barley 20 feet away from me (Europe software is installed as I'm in uk) my q500 never did this ever!! and connected quickly.
So if this gets fixed I'll be very happy.

There has got to be a solution for video dropping out with the slightest obstacle, such as a tree getting in the way. The only way I see is to boost the ST16 video signal. And yes, I've seen all the YouTube videos of guys doing this, but there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive kit with step by step instructions. Anyone know of such? I would much prefer to do this myself, but at this point, I would have thought there would be online services to do this as well.
Not sure where you're flying but I've never had drop out or range issues...I don't fly in urban areas.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Hopefully it will be the update we have asked for,my camera is properly focused and takes good video and pictures but still takes an age to connect and most flights it drops out for a good 2 minutes before it reconnects which then resets all my camera settings so I have to set it all again and this happens when the H is barley 20 feet away from me (Europe software is installed as I'm in uk) my q500 never did this ever!! and connected quickly.

This issue is mostly related to the EU version, maybe because of the the 25mW restriction, usually will not happen with Standard firmware version.

Snap - I have the same problem. May send it in during the winter if not fixed. Could make ST16+ mod if it solved it. Richard Gilmore has a video on YT.

Like I said mine has been much better (no loss of connection to camera) since the new update. If I use Exposure times over a second it drops out for a couple seconds while it takes the pic.
I read the other day that if you have a cell phone turned on in your pocket that it can affect it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval