Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update released H520 1.6.5

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Update just released this morning for the 520

Flight Controller - 1.6.5
E90 - 1.0.61
E10T - 0.2.21
Datapilot 1.5.10.14

The update includes the following:
New Features: • Support for new mission types:
Structure scan & Corridor scan Improvements:
Support for E90 file numbering option
Warn user when the vehicle is in HITL mode
Improve display for RTL to GCS setting
Improve camera reconnection
Improve connection

Here's something we don't see very often; News | Actual news from YUNEEC - Yuneec
:) Lots of work in these updates and I'm very happy to see the attempts to improve reliability.:)
There seem to be a couple of errors in the text; under Changed, 'Increased maximum allowed distance to 1st mission waypoint from 900m to 400m' and under E90, 'Fixed missing photos in panorama mode.'

Reactions: Truely Yuneec
with the new updated manual addition detailing items that were not currently in 1.5 datapilot. I was expecting new firmware was in the works. The fix for camera not showing up is of interest. some of the fixes will make things better if they can be confirmed to work. Also looks like their working setup rtk system according to the release notes that talk about fixes concerning centemeter flights with gimbal issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Yes, I just updated without a problem.

First thing I've detected. When I turn off the H520, the DataPilot doesn't crash and automatically resumes connection to the H520 without requesting a password or anything.

Interesting option in the General tab. Allows you to change the port on which the video is output. In case of several H520 in the same zone?????, very useful option if so. Also to erase the miniature videos until you reach the maximum of established space?

Detected error in the size of the logs section in the Log Download tab. The area is very narrow, it should occupy the whole window.

New video option in the Vehicle tab. It is called Video Steaming and allows you to activate or deactivate it.

Strange behavior with the zoom in the map position. With the H520 turned off, I zoomed in on the flight map to the area I want. I went to the flight planning tab and it seems that it applies the same zoom showing me the same area. Turn off the ST16S and when you turn it on you have asked for the whole zone and world map. I zoom again and when I go back to the flight planning tab I zoom but I appear in Italy? :oops::oops: This looks like it still needs a little work.

When planning a flight in Mission Start you can leave the default speed or set the one you want. It allows you, in the absence of more tests that no longer make sense, 9999999999 m/s. I think it's a little too fast ?????

When planning the mission, it should allow the different elements to be moved. I explain, you put 4 Waypoints and you realize that between the second and third you want to put a ROI. You create it and move it between the second and third. Right now it seems that you can't alter the sequencing.

Looks like the circular survey is gone. I'm not talking about the orbital flight.

In Structure Scan mode it does not calculate the flight time but activates the Return To Launch option.

So far I've seen it differently. It's a matter of continuing to look at any changes and testing their performance ?

Reactions: Truely Yuneec
Hi all,

here is the official new Manual posted by Yuneec itself. They are a member in the german Forum www.rc-drohnen-forum.de.

Greetings Marc Attach files

Thank you, mate. Thank you for the detail :)

What I do not understand because they do not publish it in the official pages, they have not updated it for a long time. I'm not going to say anything about the translations, in fact I'd rather read it in English than in my own language ?

Reactions: BigAl07
Interesting option in the General tab. Allows you to change the port on which the video is output. In case of several H520 in the same zone?????, very useful option if so. Also to erase the miniature videos until you reach the maximum of established space?

Detected error in the size of the logs section in the Log Download tab. The area is very narrow, it should occupy the whole window.

New video option in the Vehicle tab. It is called Video Steaming and allows you to activate or deactivate it.

Strange behavior with the zoom in the map position. With the H520 turned off, I zoomed in on the flight map to the area I want. I went to the flight planning tab and it seems that it applies the same zoom showing me the same area. Turn off the ST16S and when you turn it on you have asked for the whole zone and world map. I zoom again and when I go back to the flight planning tab I zoom but I appear in Italy? :oops::oops: This looks like it still needs a little work.

When planning a flight in Mission Start you can leave the default speed or set the one you want. It allows you, in the absence of more tests that no longer make sense, 9999999999 m/s. I think it's a little too fast ?????

When planning the mission, it should allow the different elements to be moved. I explain, you put 4 Waypoints and you realize that between the second and third you want to put a ROI. You create it and move it between the second and third. Right now it seems that you can't alter the sequencing.

Looks like the circular survey is gone. I'm not talking about the orbital flight.

In Structure Scan mode it does not calculate the flight time but activates the Return To Launch option.

So far I've seen it differently. It's a matter of continuing to look at any changes and testing their performance ?
Great notes @arruntus!

Reactions: arruntus
in console in logs list. rtkgps log is listed. the log list is fairly extensive must be enabled manually. I turning on all logs minus rtkgps. I do not have that yet.

Hi folks :),
today I have tested structure scan at an empty field ... better is ;). So I scanned a virtual buildig (thats virtual reality :D). So far everything worked well, the planning on the ST16 (When will the DataPilot 1.6 be available for the Laptop/Desktop ?). You place the green rectangle above the building you want to scan, choose the camera, enter the scan distance, the ground altitude, the height of the building and do not forget, the entrance/exit altitude ... I've nearly digged my H520 into the ground.:eek: ... and on it goes.

Only the statistic does not fit. There is no time calculated, nothing about how many batteries are needed .... and in my Demo case the number of pictures taken by the camera was twice as high as in reality. I also wonder how the number of layers is calculated, in my example the H520 flew in 3 different heights ... so I would say, there are three Layers ... if you count each fascade (4x) as one layer, you will come to 4x3=12 ... but never to 6 layers as the datapilot (mission planner) told me.

The H520 is flying as ever, very stable but "digital", not smooth :(. The Cam still does not save the settings. If I took pictures with ISO 100 and 1/1000 s after replacing the battery the cam is on ISO100 and 4s :mad:
Another great wish would be the possibility of exposure rows (bracketing) with the cam.

I think we need an Update to the Update ...

Greetings Marc

P.S: Whats the way of operation if I would like to scan the different fascades seperately - maybe due to space ?

Looking forward to the new update, i have just received my E90 back from Yuneec UK, very quick as always.
lots of issues with it disconnecting, lots of wavering when filming and then just plain going nuts every so often and spinning itself around whilst banging off the motor stops!!
hopefully this is all sorted now and i can get back to the ever increasing amount of mapping jobs i have stacking up.

We already have official video of the Corridor Scan function

Corridor Scan function

Do they call the H520 "flying object"? ?????

When they say that the heights are queried by AirMap servers, what exactly does it mean? Do we have to download the heights with a specific server? Do we pay attention to what it says in the manual, activate the option "Fech elevation data" when downloading the maps?

Arruntus,

In the latest Datapilot desktop version, when you plan a survey and select terrain following, then when you download offline maps it automatically adds a second smaller set of tile for the DTM - digital terrain model.

I also tested that having the ST16s can now sync all this data (maps, flight plans) through wifi. I believe that was broken for some time.

Arruntus,

In the latest Datapilot desktop version, when you plan a survey and select terrain following, then when you download offline maps it automatically adds a second smaller set of tile for the DTM - digital terrain model.

I also tested that having the ST16s can now sync all this data (maps, flight plans) through wifi. I believe that was broken for some time.

Indeed, I have done it several times and I have revised the new manual which is the same manual that we had that was only from this last update and explains clearly the procedure of terrain following. The doubt arose when I saw that in the video, if anyone knows exactly what it refers to because AirMap is a project for drones and has left me a little surprised. To mention AirMap, do they mean anything concrete?

Indeed, I have done it several times and I have revised the new manual which is the same manual that we had that was only from this last update and explains clearly the procedure of terrain following. The doubt arose when I saw that in the video, if anyone knows exactly what it refers to because AirMap is a project for drones and has left me a little surprised. To mention AirMap, do they mean anything concrete?

My interpretation of the video was that the terrain follow mode used the elevation data provided by AirMap, as the maps that we DataPilot uses are 2D. I assume Yuneec are using this AirMap API. It'd be nice to see the AirMap integrated as an option in DataPlanner, this would help enormously with flight planning, NOTAMS, aerodrome boundaries, etc.

Reactions: arruntus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers