Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Update Through GUI: The operation has timed out

Reaction score
I'm trying to update the firmware on my H to the latest version(Typhoon H STD v3.04 Gimbal: v1.25, Autopilot: v1.35, Camera: v3.2.34(A)). I loaded my license into the GUI, per Yuneec's instructions, selected the .bin file and correct COM port, and clicked update. The window after about 10-20 seconds showed "The operation has timed out." I tried it multiple times, both with the .bin file and with the .yuneec file that was included in the license download. So, is there any way to fix this? Also, is the license file compatible with any .bin file I try to update with or only the .yuneec file in the zip download with the license?
Thanks,

Sounds like the GUI is not recognizing the file. That usually happens if people open the file before transferring it to the device being updated.

Ok, so it seems I may not be using the correct update steps. Here's what I did, correct me when I'm wrong:
  1. Plug in battery, and connect USB cable from H to PC
  2. Launch TyphoonHGui.
  3. Load the license by selecting the .pfx file in the menu.
  4. Click update.
  5. Select the .yuneec file that came with the .pfx file.
  6. Select the COM port.
  7. Press update.

Sounds like the GUI is not recognizing the file. That usually happens if people open the file before transferring it to the device being updated.
What do you mean by transfer to the device?

Did you install the firmware updates prior to using the Licensing firmware?
A few months ago, I flashed the H with the latest firmware from Yuneec. Then, last week, I flashed the unlocked firmware from the .zip file. This firmware seemed to cause gimbal issues, so I want to upgrade to the latest version again, with it unlocked. Does that answer your question?

So how do you transfer the file to the device before updating through the GUI?

I suggest doing the firmware update again following the Yuneec video for version 3.
Then do the license update using the instructions that came with the update.

Once I updated using the OTA method from the video, it allowed me to select the NFZ disable. I just got off the phone with a Yuneec CS rep, and he said that the GUI is only for updates to the Flight Controller, and that the drone needs to be powered off to do that. The recommended update method, he said, was to update via the OTA method.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss