Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I've searched and no answers for TH pro with NO SSID for aircraft, YES SSID for camera. Cannot bind aircraft, cannot update with GUI

Reaction score
Here is the situation.
Was on 5th flight in front yard and all of a sudden no control. THPro lifts up and strafe right then comes down into my antenna.
I make repairs to a broken arm and a landing gear.
Everything fires up with the exception that I cannot start motors. I observe no telemetery data however I have video.
I try to re-bind but observe NO SSID from aircraft, however, I have SSID from camera.

I go inside and download ST16 FW, THPro FW 3.04 and 1.28 and GUI
I copy ST16 FW to SD Card and insert in ST16 and update.
I then fire up GUI on Windows10 and turn up aircraft and connect USB.
GUI detects aircraft and go to sensors screen and ALL GREEN.
I go to tools/firmware update and choose 1.28 to downgrade prior to uprading to 3.04.
When I initate firmware upgrade for 1.28 via GUI after proper detection of aircraft, I get erase fail then I try update again and get another erase fail and if I do it again I get com port 9 access denied.
I get the same results if try FW 3.04.
I cannot update via ST16 due to the fact that I cannot see a SSID from aircraft to bind to.
I've opened the aircraft and double checked ALL connections even reseating the connections for all GPS, dual antenna connections, camera connections, and realsense connections.
I place aircraft in bind mode and still no SSID appears in settings/bind in order to bind to aircraft. Yet, I can bind to camera with no problems.

I am at a total loss. I've tried different batteries, different USB cords. Nothing works.
Could really use some help. I've invested a **** of a lot of money in this to only have it sit on my desk.
Has anyone experienced this??

The procedure you are using is incorrect as well as the file. The 1.28 file is an old recovery firmware for the H, not the ST16. It is not compatible with the current firmware.

So start from scratch. Turn on just the ST16, go to Pad, settings and do a factory reset which include erasing the data. The controller will reboot itself after it completes the reset.
Then create a new model, name and save it.
Turn on the H and after it's booted, tip it forward until you see the orange flashing status light. Go to the bind menu on the ST16 and the H and the camera should appear. If not, press the Refresh button at the top right.

After it is bound, go to about controller and check the firmware versions. Take a picture and post it here.

Reactions: rdonson
The procedure you are using is incorrect as well as the file. The 1.28 file is an old recovery firmware for the H, not the ST16. It is not compatible with the current firmware.

So start from scratch. Turn on just the ST16, go to Pad, settings and do a factory reset which include erasing the data. The controller will reboot itself after it completes the reset.
Then create a new model, name and save it.
Turn on the H and after it's booted, tip it forward until you see the orange flashing status light. Go to the bind menu on the ST16 and the H and the camera should appear. If not, press the Refresh button at the top right.

After it is bound, go to about controller and check the firmware versions. Take a picture and post it here.
Good Morning,
Thanks for the info, Just to clarify, the only reason I was tryig to update the H is because I cannot see an SSID for the aircraft. If I use my phone and go to wifi, I can see the CGO SSID but I cannot see the SR24xxxxx SSID.
I bound the ST16 to the camera hoping I would then see the aircraft with no luck.

Do I sttil need to perform the above steps?

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with tech support.
He stated its a hardware malfunction and for me tp ship aircraft, controll and camera.
$70 later to ship to MO. UGH!!

The aircraft has no SSID. It is not WiFi but a ZigBee 2,4GHz connection. The protocol is very different. The phone cannot se it in any way. The serial number of the aircrafts transmitter is shown in the Bind menu on the ST16, or better to say should be seen there to proceed the binding procedure.
Only the CGO3 communicates by Wifi, not the aircraft.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430