Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

I performed the firmware upgrade.
What I found is you need to use the original card or a blank card, but you must format the card in fat32 for it to find the file.The ST16 can't read SD cards when formatted in anything other than fat32.

I did read that many of you have been getting better boot times on the camera connection after the update, but it still takes quite awhile for mine to connect.

Mine was EU itis now Standard , no problems , confirmed on the ST16 as a type A under about , it was an E before update.

That's good to know because the previous version firmware would not allow EU to Standard firmware for some reason.

Wow, I'm gone for 24 hours and come back to update insanity. Sure would be nice for all these rookies if Yuneec included some instructions. Imagine how many phone calls and problems it would reduce if they did so? I think I'm going to wait a few days to do the update.

After the FW update, my connection to Typhoon H and camera is 1min and 25seconds. This is from the time I turned on the ST16 and wait until it was ready to connect then I turned on the TH on. I was able to get longer range from the TH with stock antennas. At one point I was able go out to about 3300ft out at altitude of 250ft. I was not able to capture the screen on my ST16 at 3300ft range, but I was able do screen capture from my phone at 2900ft range. I was able to play with the GPS on/off. With GPS off I was able to fly TH at about 48MPH. Very happy with FW update.

Attachments

• 20160716_141647.jpg
    20160716_141647.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Have to send my H back to get it unbricked.
I can not complain, it can happen.
Took about 10 minutes on the phone and I have my RMA# and UPS shipping label.
Did find out that there are suppose to be more firmware updates to address more of the camera issues but he would not give me specifics.
I am impressed with Yuneec's response to my issue.

Mind sharing what version of the manual that's from and where it can be found? Appears to be newer than the version still present on Yuneec's website (v1.1).

Thanks in advance...

Sorry, I should have identified it. Also on the wrong thread, but in response to remarks made about the RealSense H.
This is a page from the RealSense H Quick Start Manual. Quick start a misnomer, lol.

Have to send my H back to get it unbricked.
I can not complain, it can happen.
Took about 10 minutes on the phone and I have my RMA# and UPS shipping label.
Did find out that there are suppose to be more firmware updates to address more of the camera issues but he would not give me specifics.
I am impressed with Yuneec's response to my issue.

I would be rather ticked off myself.
Lots of things can go wrong during a firmware upgrade, your not the first and won't be the last.
They should have been designed and made a reset to force a new firmware install.

But I am sure they will take care of it for you, it's just the wait without your bird.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
I updated my firmware (the European version) and now the ST16 can't find the H. I can go in to system.settings fine and click about and it tells me both are running the latest versions but nothing. Motors won't fire up and no camera. It says the camera is bound but no image...

Oh well, it looks like my H will be taking yet another trip back to Yuneec Uk on the back of a UPS truck! This will be it's third trip back. In their defence, they are extremely efficient and helpful.

Other issues that Ive had is it crashing twice at low speeds, it sometimes thinks it is 130 feet in the air instesd of probably 25 feet high, buggy software that gets confused between s an a modes, batteries sonetimes only charging a little bit.... but despite all of this I still like it for some reason!!

Updates done, haven't evaluated all that was supposedly changed, but very nice to have GPS/off option, although I prefer a switch. Having that option can save a potentially doomed copter from GPS glitching. The transition back to GPS was a bit harsh though. IMO however, the twitching in GPS mode shouldn't be there. Even the P4 does it randomly. Only my AC birds are "perfect".

Not going to swear to it, but the camera seems to be different.

Overall as I've been flying the H more now, I like it more. My confidence level in it grows each day.

Upgrading ST16

5 tries! And still --I get "Upgrade Package Not Find!" (LOL Bad English)

What am I doing wrong? Nothing is on the card except st16_system_v03.01.b22

I put new firmware on SD card in controller slot. I turn on ST16 only. I select System Settings/About Controller and Update.

"Upgrade Package Not Find!"

Using the same card the Typhoon H appeared to update just fine.

Upgrading ST16

5 tries! And still --I get "Upgrade Package Not Find!" (LOL Bad English)

What am I doing wrong? Nothing is on the card except st16_system_v03.01.b22

I put new firmware on SD card in controller slot. I turn on ST16 only. I select System Settings/About Controller and Update.

"Upgrade Package Not Find!"
Format the sd card, then copy the ST16 file over. Use Fat32

Format the sd card, then copy the ST16 file over. Use Fat32

I'm only allowed exFat (or NTFS) Is exFat the same thing?

UPDATE:

1) Formatted card with exFat (only option avail. besides NTFS). Reloaded the update. SAME OUTCOME!

2) Formatted the card that was included with the H using Fat32 option. Loaded the update. SUCCESS!!!! Moral of the story: the Controller is very fickle about what type of card is used and how it is formatted! PITA.

However the 128gb exFat formatted card seems to work fine in the camera when recording video.

Last edited:
No.... FAT32 is NOT the same as exFAT
And did you unpack the file before you put it on the SD card?
It should be copied onto the card just the way it was downloaded.
Do Not change the file name or unpack the file first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder