Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

Updated last night and tested the new firmware this morning. No issues to report other than the poor range. Even with DBS antenna upgrade I experienced video break up at 1700 ft. out. I had to turn around. Yes I was pointing the antenna to the aircraft and was flying in a huge field.

Here are a couple things I would like to mentioned regarding the firmware updates of the H as well as ST16....use an SD card with 16 gigs or less if your not using the SD card which comes with your H...when rebinding after you've updated the ST16 (updating the H first makes things easier since it's still bound to ST16) hit the refresh button in the ST 16 interface prior to trying your rebind.

Just discovered a need to uninstall and reinstall the Typhoon GUI on my laptop after the update. The H and GUI would not communicate until doing so.

Hello Pat,
I would like the files we over wrote. I thought I had them but don't.
I finally got the updates completed, but had to rebind camera and Aircraft.
Thank you

Send me your e-mail addy in a PM. This forum does not accept .bin files as attachments.

Updated last night and tested the new firmware this morning. No issues to report other than the poor range. Even with DBS antenna upgrade I experienced video break up at 1700 ft. out. I had to turn around. Yes I was pointing the antenna to the aircraft and was flying in a huge field.

Anybody else experiencing loss of range? Don't see how a firmware update would cause this.

Just discovered a need to uninstall and reinstall the Typhoon GUI on my laptop after the update. The H and GUI would not communicate until doing so.

Did the Height and distance settings get reset after firmware?

Also I found that if you have the H powered up and then plug in the USB to the computer it is recognized instantly.

GPS has to be active in order to utilize RS. GPS off turns off RS. Do not know at this time if IPS is active with GPS off. Certainly hope so.
I am happy to be proven wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me that GPS is required to utilize RealSense. RealSense is designed for locations where there often is poor or no GPS coverage, and navigation is based on the positioning relative to aquired 3D reference points from the environment.

Did the Height and distance settings get reset after firmware?

Also I found that if you have the H powered up and then plug in the USB to the computer it is recognized instantly.

The fence settings had not changed. I tried powering up by powering the H first and by powering through the USB connection. Neither method allowed recognition between the H and GUI until after the GUI re-install.

Anybody else experiencing loss of range? Don't see how a firmware update would cause this.

I can see where selecting the Euro version of the firmware update might reduce range. Their power levels and video formats are different.

Just to clarify, I have the standard version installed. The limited distance that I experienced this morning while testing the new firmware may have been due to the altitude not high enough. It was definitely under 200ft AGL

Hi , Does anyone happen to know if this update fixes the southern hemisphere problem, where the GPS wont lock in(stuck on acquiring) even though remote and drone have sufficient satellites?

See this thread if you unsure of what I'm talking about. - no gps lock on typhoon H

After firmware update please recalibrate accelerometer, compass ,gimbal AND WIZARD. NOTE: Stick deadband will still be present.

Last edited:
RSM Heli,

I had to send the files via Dropbox. They were too large for e-mail. Have you received them?

EU version has lower output power to comply with EU ruling,
I was under the impression from previous posts that EU typhoons had different 5.8ghz Transmitter than US models due to the 25mw power ruling ...... Or is this power controlled by firmware ??, could someone please clarify this please .... Thank you !

Last edited:
Reactions: eric bee
After firmware update please recalibrate accelerometer, compass and gimbal. NOTE: Stick deadband will still be present.

Thanks for your informations.

Excuse me, but how do you recalibrate accelerometer and gimbal ? (how to recalibrate the compass, it is documented in the manual).

And thanks for your patience.

Here are a couple things I would like to mentioned regarding the firmware updates of the H as well as ST16....use an SD card with 16 gigs or less if your not using the SD card which comes with your H...when rebinding after you've updated the ST16 (updating the H first makes things easier since it's still bound to ST16) hit the refresh button in the ST 16 interface prior to trying your rebind.
Did mine with a 32GB card, no problem at all.

On the Q500 4k you could put the standard firmware on a EU craft, which is what I did which gave it a better range.

But on the Typhoon H you could not do this unless something has now been change in the new firmware update, as my TH is with Yuneec CS at the moment I cant try this, but someone that has a EU version craft and has successfully update to the standard version, perhaps they can confirm if this is now possible, I will be trying this myself when I get my TH back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval