Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

I had that same problem. UNTIL. I read this from Drone Clone:
BINDING THE TYPHOON H STEP 1) Switch on the aircraft and wait till all the initialization completes. STEP 2) Lean the TYPHOON H in the forward direction twice (45°) until the Main LED indicator blinks orange rapidly. STEP 3) Tap the 'Refresh' button on the screen. STEP 4) Select the 'SR24_XXXXX' receiver listed in the column under 'Model', and CGO 3P_XXXXX WiFi listed in the column under 'camera' on the ST16 Ground Station. PRESS BIND TAB Then enter the password '1234567890' to connect the WiFi, and then tap 'OK' after the connection has been established. STEP 5) Tap the 'Back' button to return to the main screen and you will hear two long beeps. The flight data will show on the screen. IF THE H BINDS BUT NOT THE CAMERA THEN REPEAT THE PROCESS AND BIND ONE A TIME.

Worked for me. It might work for you.
Thank you very much. This finally worked for me. There were a couple of steps missing. I have added them to the above in caps.

I haven't flown mine yet afterbthe update but I started it without the propellers on and it fired up ok.

Yunneec really should have advised this was a beta update or tested it more thoroughly before releasing it.

I would have also hoped that they would have sorted the battery low warning out too... ie... introduce one! I dont want to know how many volts my battery has, I want to know when It is low and a loud verbal warning to let me know! My H crashed the other day as I waa flying it very low on low voltage and it has no time to lower the landing gear before landing. Luckily I was in a field with long grass so no damage but I had no warning at all!

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
****! Almost 400 MB for the controller update! What, do they rewrite the entire program on each update?!
I think they did rewrite the program. I'm sure there were some background changes not mentioned in the firmware update info posted. It could be easier than patching holes and creating new holes in the program.

Hello Guys what should the st-16 file upgrade be in. Bin or what no matter what I do file can't be found ?????

I just purchased the H on Sat and have not flown it yet. I am not computer savy. Would someone please explain to me how to update. I dont know if it matters but my H is from the newer batches. No wizard wand included ;( The good new is that the RC shop told me it was in the box and when I got it home and looked I realized they were mistaken. They are sending me one for free !!! Woot Woot !!! Thats great customer service.

After new firmware updated my ST16 out of control, the gambal tilt control slider and both height slider became motor on off switch(the ref button switch totally on response) and once the H and the ST16 connected motor auto start because of the slider and was unable to stop the motor needs to pull out the battery this even repeating install the firmware also unable to solve the problems, finally I decided to factory reset the ST16 and rebind the H and the ST16 the problem solved

hi pilots,

today i have done some flights and want tell what happen :)

start up the system now under 60seconds...thats great...but can somebody turn off the second Yuneec animation, which need so much time?
i have had the Clock problem in ST16...solution is (was describe somewhere), go in PAD-Mode go in settings, turn off automatic set when internet. Set your time and then turn the ST16 Off !...don't go back to Flight App!

Camera: the auto setting is now faster and change faster to try a good image. but better lock your color setting, you will see in my video how heavy it changes itself in auto-mode (0:00-0:57). i have edited the videos...but you see in one cut the change of itself. i have big problems to get the original mounted lens or filter in front of cam to clean...maybe somebody have a good tip?
today it was a little windy, and the TH was a little dancing. But no Toilet boil and don't go down to the ground alone. what the guy have shown in the compare video P4 TH was definitely wrong...The H holds position, maybe in wind a little dance.

The Flight: a little better...but real slow smooth flight still not possible. still that diva modus if you want go very slow, or you push your stick only a little. doesn't matter if rabbit or turtle. I have done some expo and reduce the capacity on the YAW turn... now more smooth curves. the cam looking down is setted more slow...

but some things on the existing things are negative. If i turn off GPS in flight and get a warning...and it takes time and to put it away....and then you have still the GPS Software Button active and you need again a tap on screen to go on with flight...
My obstacle sensor was off, but i get a message: error with avoidance...only one time...

i think its needed we can change team mode easy too...if the wizard come near Trees or houses...i want get the possibility to rescue my bird in one piece. I don't know if the tracked person know where he have to stop, that the TH don't crash on Obstacle.

CCC now starts correct by move the stick. seems that the way how much i push the stick will tell the speed of the turn in CCC. you can see in the video 2x the same move in front of trees fron right to the left...first was slow, second faster...but because ist curved and not straight, on the faster CCC i was near to touch the ground and kill the cam. thats no really clear to me, because i haven't set a point in rout that low to the ground. so please don't make CCC near the ground...its dangerous for your TH...

i hope they give us soon more updates... and they can work out the dynamic of the cam

i have use the freewill NDfilter 2-400 after second CCC (1:48) ...and set to 60Frames 1/125 100 Iso...but in the end the lense give unsharp material...

Last edited:
Reactions: yuneec53
I also had no trouble flying...it's switching between Non GPS to GPS that it acted erratically ...so are you saying that when flying and when switching from NON GPS back to GPS your Hex smoothly transitioned? The switch from GPS to Non GPS was smooth but not switching back...it highly excellerated for 40 to 60 feet and the other time it repeatedly flew up and down a few feet until it settled in. Next week when I get home from Boston I will try again with two other H's one being a Pro to see if they behave in the same way...I'm also going to fly in a larger field.
Just updated my FW and did some test flights. Did severa GPS to non-GPS switches and the transition was flawless. The H barely moved each time. I chose not to calibrate anything, just the firmware update.

hi pilots,

i have had the Clock problem in ST16...solution is (was describe somewhere), go in PAD-Mode go in settings, turn off automatic set when internet. Set your time and then turn the ST16 Off !...don't go back to Flight App!

Camera: the auto setting is now faster and change faster to try a good image. but better lock your color setting, you will see in my video how heavy it changes itself in auto-mode (0:00-0:57). i have edited the videos...but you see in one cut the change of itself. i have big problems to get the original mounted lens or filter in front of cam to clean...maybe somebody have a good tip?

Eric, THANK YOU for the clock tip, has been driving me mad, your tip fixed it!

Re. the lens cleaning, I have found a "Lens Pen" to be just the job, LINK: LENSPEN - The Superior Camera Lens Cleaning System

This place is a lot cheaper though: Lenspen LensPen Lens Cleaner (Camo) NLP-1C B&H Photo Video
Hope this helps

Last edited:
hi pilots,

start up the system now under 60seconds...thats great...but can somebody turn off the second Yuneec animation, which need so much time?

today it was a little windy, and the TH was a little dancing. But no Toilet boil and don't go down to the ground alone. what the guy have shown in the compare video P4 TH was definitely wrong...The H holds position, maybe in wind a little dance.

The Flight: a little better...but real slow smooth flight still not possible. still that diva modus if you want go very slow, or you push your stick only a little. doesn't matter if rabbit or turtle. I have done some expo and reduce the capacity on the YAW turn... now more smooth curves. the cam looking down is setted more slow...

but some things on the existing things are negative. If i turn off GPS in flight and get a warning...and it takes time and to put it away....and then you have still the GPS Software Button active and you need again a tap on screen to go on with flight...
My obstacle sensor was off, but i get a message: error with avoidance...only one time...

i think its needed we can change team mode easy too...if the wizard come near Trees or houses...i want get the possibility to rescue my bird in one piece. I don't know if the tracked person know where he have to stop, that the TH don't crash on Obstacle.

CCC now starts correct by move the stick. seems that the way how much i push the stick will tell the speed of the turn in CCC. you can see in the video 2x the same move in front of trees fron right to the left...first was slow, second faster...but because ist curved and not straight, on the faster CCC i was near to touch the ground and kill the cam. thats no really clear to me, because i haven't set a point in rout that low to the ground. so please don't make CCC near the ground...its dangerous for your TH...

i hope they give us soon more updates... and they can work out the dynamic of the cam

i have use the freewill NDfilter 2-400 after second CCC (1:48) ...and set to 60Frames 1/125 100 Iso...but in the end the lense give unsharp material...

More trains in the video next time!

Reactions: Old Jar Head
Hi
I tried that way to set time but it only saves the right time for 2 days then goes back to one hour back.
Yuneec tec support told me 4 different reasons why the time is wrong can't update the st- 16 so many different reasons wtf

I enjoyed your video and seeing some of the things the H can do. Even with all the complaining about the camera I think it is more than able to make some wonderful videos and pictures. For this price point you cannot do much better. The P4 may have a little edge on the camera but for me that is not enough.
I'm very happy I have an H pro on the way.

hi pilots,

Reactions: eric bee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig