Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update

Reaction score
Trying to update my firmware for the first time. Downloaded the update on an sd card and clicked update on the ST-16/about controller screen. It has been running for two hours. Is this normal for a first update?

Absolutely not! Did you follow the instructions on the Yuneec YouTube video?

Strange...worked fine for me. Sorry cant help buddy.

Just tried again. This time I inserted the sd card after the controller was booted up and it seems to b working.

Finally got the firmware updated and went thru all the calibrations. Getting a flashing purple light now. The controller is connecting to the camera and the H as I have telemetry data and I can pan/tilt the camera. Any suggestions?

Fly it?
EDIT:
That is to say... go and fly it now. Flashing purple means it's obtaining a GPS lock. After a firmware update, you might need to let it sit there a while until it gets the almanac and ephemerides updated from the GPS. Theoretically, this can take as long as 13 minutes, so letting it sit outside where it can get a good GPS signal for 15 minutes should get you with a solid violet status light.

Having similar challenge: Having similar Typhoon H challenges: I can’t get the st16 to reliably bind to the H. After I turn off the H and turn everything back on I no longer am bound and have to use the sibeliuos method re-load the firmware – each time I need to go fly?

Fly it?
EDIT:
That is to say... go and fly it now. Flashing purple means it's obtaining a GPS lock. After a firmware update, you might need to let it sit there a while until it gets the almanac and ephemerides updated from the GPS. Theoretically, this can take as long as 13 minutes, so letting it sit outside where it can get a good GPS signal for 15 minutes should get you with a solid violet status light.

Flew it....it took off and never came back! Gone like the wind!

Just curious, was this a brand new H where the firmware was updated prior to the first flight?

Got the coordinates from the st16. Looked for it yesterday. Going back tomorrow. Was in angle mode

That's just bizarre. The H flies pretty good, even with no GPS signal. I can't imagine what could have happened that would have caused it to be unresponsive to controls and simply decide to leave.
Can you upload the telemetry files?

There's lots of us here that can decipher what went on. It might help you to gain understanding of what happened.

Sounds like a fly away for unknown cause. Usually a fly away has a compass failure associated with it, usually. What's a little suspicious here is the two attempts to update firmware. If the process was not fully completed anything can go wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers