Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First App for the ST-16: Flight Center - Updated 15th November: v1.9

by the way, i´m geting this message every time when trying to import fly logs into DashWare

Read this...

Help!View attachment 1999
@mwelr To load into DashWare you need to use the Typhoon profile file that was included in the installation zip. Copy that to the Dashware profiles directory (in your Documents folder, look for DashWare/DataProfiles). Then when you import your telemetry file, make sure you select 'Yuneec Typhoon H' as the profile.

I'm guessing it's crashing because you have no CCC routes set up yet? If so I'll make sure it detects that.. You win 5 internet points for discovering that bug.

I got back today from a trip to find updates for the H and this beautiful work of software. Everything installed beautifully and works correctly. Hats off to you Tuna. And thank you immensely for sharing this with the community!:D:D:D:D

Ok so a couple of feedback points.
If I tether my ST16 to my iPhone to get internet then my address is in the 172 range not 192 range. So your web site auto looking for a controller doesn't work. (Maybe get it to read the current ip address and summer and use that value to do the search)
If I press on the horizontal 8 then it crashes, I gather it is looking for info and can't find a field entry and just exits, instead of going back to the previous state.
Otherwise great so far. Thanks Haydn

Ok so a couple of feedback points.
If I tether my ST16 to my iPhone to get internet then my address is in the 172 range not 192 range. So your web site auto looking for a controller doesn't work. (Maybe get it to read the current ip address and summer and use that value to do the search)
If I press on the horizontal 8 then it crashes, I gather it is looking for info and can't find a field entry and just exits, instead of going back to the previous state.
Otherwise great so far. Thanks Haydn
I might be wrong, but I think that missing data is not have a CCC route already saved.

That is maybe right.
If I click on Cable Cam
"Unfortunately, Flight Center has stopped." OK
Program exits.
(I have no cable cam saved data)
So is the infinity symbol the cable cam as well once inside a loaded telemetry file?
It also had the same error message.
"Unfortunately, Flight Center has stopped." OK
But only exits back one level.... Back to the select telemetry screen. Not crash the whole program.

I have not even looked at this yet but want to say thanks in advance! i:)i

@tinchob If you take the bare telemetry files from the ST-16, they will not work in DashWare. You need to download them through the app to have them converted.

The reason you may not be able to read the SD card in the ST-16 is if you didn't Unmount/Eject it from the PC after you copied the files. Put it back in the PC, check you can see the files ok, then unmount it. Switch the ST-16 off and try again - let me know if that fixes things.

Tuna - On the ST16, I have successfully installed Flight Center and I am able to see previous flight paths on a simple map. You mentioned using DashWare to overlay telemetry with videos. I am unable to open the DashWare program file Dashware.exe in the ST-16. It is unclear, am I suppose to download the DashWare to the ST-16?

Go to the web link at the bottom of the app. Probably 192.168.... :8080 on your PC.
In the webpage are links to download the csv files.
These are then opened in dashware... On you PC. NOT the ST16.
The ST16 is an Android platform. It can only run .APK files. .EXE can only be run on a PC, NOT A MAC either.
Hope this helps

To answer questions:

- Yes, it's a known bug that if you have no Cable Cam Routes on your ST-16, then the program exits when you click on the Cable Cam tab, or the Import Cable Cam button (Infinity symbol, or horizontal 8)
- DashWare is a program for your PC. You need to have it running on your PC to edit videos from the H's camera, with overlays from the telemetry files
- The launcher has to 'guess' at the web address of the ST-16 (you can't do any better in a web page), so it only looks at the most common address ranges. I'm afraid without writing a Launcher for every device (PC, Mac, iPhone etc.) you have to just type in the address if the launcher can't find the ST-16. Depending on your network, the address may be the same every time so you may be able to bookmark it.

@tinchob I'll take a look at my ST-16 today and see if I can figure out why you're having problems. Let me get back to you on that one!

Wow tuna thx for the great app. One question how do you calculate the CCC between each point? What are your spline parameters?

Andy

To answer questions:

- Yes, it's a known bug that if you have no Cable Cam Routes on your ST-16, then the program exits when you click on the Cable Cam tab, or the Import Cable Cam button (Infinity symbol, or horizontal 8)
- DashWare is a program for your PC. You need to have it running on your PC to edit videos from the H's camera, with overlays from the telemetry files
- The launcher has to 'guess' at the web address of the ST-16 (you can't do any better in a web page), so it only looks at the most common address ranges. I'm afraid without writing a Launcher for every device (PC, Mac, iPhone etc.) you have to just type in the address if the launcher can't find the ST-16. Depending on your network, the address may be the same every time so you may be able to bookmark it.

@tinchob I'll take a look at my ST-16 today and see if I can figure out why you're having problems. Let me get back to you on that one!

Fine!!
meanwhile i will try to restart from scratch: re-download your program from the link and go on.

Tks!!

Well Tuna, I HAVE DONE IT !!!!!

My problem when instaling the apk file into ST16 appears to be a mounting SD card problem, in the ST16.

Put SD into the ST16 slot---then power off ST16----leaving the SD card into de ST16----power on ST16 again-----boom! the content of the SD card appears........and the rest was just perfect.

FlightCenter instaled and working!

I like your app Tuna. It is much appreciated your contribution!!!!

An appostille: First fly Log of my TH.....May 5, near Bailian Lake, Jinxizhen neighborhood, 53 Km west of Shanghai.

@tinchob I am delighted for you - well done! Now I must write some more software ;)

@GekoCH It's a matter of trial and experiment. For now the curves seem to be reasonably close to 'as flown', but I hope to do some more testing to improve the accuracy. There are some special cases, and I need to experiment with altitude changes to understand how they affect the other elements.

Reactions: banned user
diving in Flight Center app...... (interesting datus for developers i think)

datus and screen grab from from ST16 correspond to Telemetry_0002 csv
The WorldPad shows at the very bottom the original listing from browser import, and first my personal reorganization of the data. Datus by datus AT THE BEGININ OF THAT FLY

image1 (2).JPG

Flight Center browser.JPG

Telemetry_00002 datus.JPG

Cheers!!

Tuna I do not have my H yet but this will be going on it when I get it.
I hope someone makes a good logging program and checklist program that can be run on the pad too.

...and some minutes later in the same fly the datus changing to and records:

on fly.JPG

@Gurusonwheels No update yet, the only version is 1.3, which is what is on the site. When there is a new version, I'll add a News section and a list of the changes

@Loquacious Thanks. Hopefully this is just the beginning!

The next version should have some exciting new features - I'm very pleased with how well it's going!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval