Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight after stroke

I think my videos are just average at best. I always think I could do better. It really heartens me when I get positive remarks like what you've said.

I hope to be able to get out with the flying brick later in the week. The weather forecast for Northern England looks promising in the second part of the week with temperatures rising to at least the seasonal average. I was hoping to get out on Tuesday but the forecast for Tuesday doesn't look to great.
Sorry but gotta ask, is your tongue gonna stay like that ?

Just two months after having a stroke I was able to have a fly yesterday. Not the best video I've ever produced but given the circumstances, not a bad effort in my opinion.

Great video and good luck on recovery. Just a question about your vid though: do you get nervous flying above high tension lines ( or whatever you folks on that side of the ocean call them)? There’s a few areas near me I would like to fly but they’re around a lot of high tension power lines. Am I being overly cautious, or can flying near them really mess up compass/GPS? I’ve always heard to stay away from them.

Just last week I tried to launch from a spot in a parking lot for quick testing, and the drone was acting crazy, wouldn’t decend and drifting like mad...got it to land and then got the “check for interference”(or whatever that message says ), I looked around and I noticed I was launching right next to a big green electric generator in a parking lot, so it made sense. The interference from those large power lines in your video didn’t affect anything on your flight? Genuinely curious, thanks.

Great video and good luck on recovery. Just a question about your vid though: do you get nervous flying above high tension lines ( or whatever you folks on that side of the ocean call them)? There’s a few areas near me I would like to fly but they’re around a lot of high tension power lines. Am I being overly cautious, or can flying near them really mess up compass/GPS? I’ve always heard to stay away from them.

Just last week I tried to launch from a spot in a parking lot for quick testing, and the drone was acting crazy, wouldn’t decend and drifting like mad...got it to land and then got the “check for interference”(or whatever that message says ), I looked around and I noticed I was launching right next to a big green electric generator in a parking lot, so it made sense. The interference from those large power lines in your video didn’t affect anything on your flight? Genuinely curious, thanks.
Not nervous at all.
However, I do employ a 50m rule keeping the aircraft at least 50m away from the lines, and at least 100m away on take off and landing. Keep in mind that any potential electrical interference from the lines will be at a frequency that won't effect the aircraft unless the aircraft is very close...almost on top of the lines. Indeed, it is the case that drones are often used to inspect high tension power lines!

Having said that. I have done a flight test in that area previous to the above video using an old P2V+ to check on any control issues which went well. However, I do advise that it is better to fly away from anything that can emit interference where possible...but in my experience I'm looking at 10's of meters away rather than 100's of meters. Launching right next to an electric generator for me would be a no-no but launching a 100m or so away, would be ok in my book.

Reactions: Done-guy
I've never had a problem with them, but do stay away somewhat never felt much of a concern as I've watched videos where there used for inspections. As far as electro magnetic interference I get that everytime I take off on a parking lot, and sometimes I can turn it off before take off other times once I'm up @ 30'-50' I can then turn it off, yet it doesn't come on again landing in the same spot as where I took off ? I find it a nuisance alarm I even asked what can happen, but never got an answer ?

Reactions: Done-guy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece