Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight First impressions

Reaction score
WOW WOW WOW, Did I say WOW...
My previous bird is a V686 so I can not make any comparison to the DJI or other products.
I am so beyond impressed.
Only flew for about 5 minutes just to check out some of the controls.
Took off in angle mode with turtle selected, took more throttle than I thought it would to get up out of ground effect. But was very slow and deliberate take off, with responsive controls. Tooke her up to about 100' and she just sat there, a gust came by and still very little movement. Tried a landing in angle mode. very slow decent with a zero bounce touch down. (HOLD THROTTLE ALL THE WAY DOWN ON LANDING AND IT WILL NOT BOUNCE)
Took off again to about 150' and hit the RTH. Landing gear auto deployed, came down very slow with only a slight bounce on landing and I noticed that the motors stopped all by them selves. (nice touch)
My video did not record due to pilot error, forgot to stop the recording on landing.

Pros: Very quiet, Very stable, 2 minute hover test at about 100' and it just sat there. In turtle mode very smooth yet responsive controls. In rabbit mode the H can move very quickly. Quiet when compared to my V686.

Cons: ST-16 needs to talk, so that when you select something you get an audio reply. Would like to see flight mode better displayed on the controller. Needs a anti glare filter on display, ( several post and Ming's video on this)
Supplied foam box has holes in bottom and only has cutouts for 2 batteries. Would rather see up to 4 batteries and separate cut outs for the wizard and other items. Will see what others come up with for a hard case or may just make my own. The gimbal lock should have been made out of RED plastic so you don't forget to remove it. Tied a red ribbon to mine.
I could be doing something wrong but takes almost 2 minutes to connect to the camera.

This is all out of the box, I have NOT done any of the up-dates of the firmware. I am so beyond impressed that you would have to take the H to max altitude to see my smile.
Yuneec needs to do a few clean up a few things on the ST-16 (map Overlay) but I see so much potential I hope they do not let us all down.
OK enough rambling I need to go fly this thing again.

Reactions: DroneClone
My previous bird is a V686 so I can not make any comparison to the DJI or other products.
Took off in angle mode with turtle selected, took more throttle than I thought it would to get up out of ground effect. But was very slow and deliberate take off, with responsive controls. Tooke her up to about 100' and she just sat there, a gust came by and still very little movement. Tried a landing in angle mode. very slow decent with a zero bounce touch down. (HOLD THROTTLE ALL THE WAY DOWN ON LANDING AND IT WILL NOT BOUNCE)
Took off again to about 150' and hit the RTH. Landing gear auto deployed, came down very slow with only a slight bounce on landing and I noticed that the motors stopped all by them selves. (nice touch)
My video did not record due to pilot error, forgot to stop the recording on landing.

Pros: Very quiet, Very stable, 2 minute hover test at about 100' and it just sat there. In turtle mode very smooth yet responsive controls. In rabbit mode the H can move very quickly. Quiet when compared to my V686.

Cons: ST-16 needs to talk, so that when you select something you get an audio reply. Would like to see flight mode better displayed on the controller. Needs a anti glare filter on display, ( several post and Ming's video on this)
Supplied foam box has holes in bottom and only has cutouts for 2 batteries. Would rather see up to 4 batteries and separate cut outs for the wizard and other items. Will see what others come up with for a hard case or may just make my own. The gimbal lock should have been made out of RED plastic so you don't forget to remove it. Tied a red ribbon to mine.
I could be doing something wrong but takes almost 2 minutes to connect to the camera.

This is all out of the box, I have NOT done any of the up-dates of the firmware. I am so beyond impressed that you would have to take the H to max altitude to see my smile.
Yuneec needs to do a few clean up a few things on the ST-16 (map Overlay) but I see so much potential I hope they do not let us all down.
Nice!glad you like it,mine will be here late today or tomorrow for sure!CarolinaDronz has a nice sun shield,it's pricey but it's larger,better bottom cutout screen access,and Velcro attachment.I have the model for my st10,and have one waiting for me H.

Just got mine too and I am also very impressed and agree that we need a anti reflective coating on that screen. (I did not fit the shield. Will do that tonight when I get home.

Dezzzy,
The cardboard box is:
19 1/2" Long, 15 3/4" wide 11 3/4" deep (inside dimensions)
Subtract about 1/4" for the outside dimensions of the foam insert .

Reactions: Dezzzy.D

Good feel ehh! Awesomeness in it's finest!

Those in the know, know. As Curly Joe would say Yuk yuk .oh boy

Nah. Make a miniature REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT tag military style. :)

So jealous. Wont get mine till June 16.

If you forget to stop the video when you land, it's an easy fix to get your video clip restored. Just put the card back in the camera and power it back on. Take another video, just 10 seconds is fine, and then shut it down. The camera will detect the file that wasn't closed out and fix it.

If you forget to stop the video when you land, it's an easy fix to get your video clip restored. Just put the card back in the camera and power it back on. Take another video, just 10 seconds is fine, and then shut it down. The camera will detect the file that wasn't closed out and fix it.
This worked when my first unit crashed. Stopping the video was hardly on my mind at the moment!

Bob, I thought I was the only one that forgot to remove the gimbal cover at take-off! I try to now make a practice of moving the camera around some before take-off but will probably add the ribbon, good idea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval