Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First image post

Reaction score
This is an image from my recent (second hand) purchase.
Melbourne City in the distance from Meyer Park near Thornbury.
I am learning how to fly and make footage, images and just maneuver it well.
Footage is nothing to write home about as I'm testing the best height for following people so they don't come out as ants. This afternoon I was at 12 metres and that was too far away! More testing over the next three days before heading to Tasmania to get landscape and driving along footage ... if I can get the follow me to work (learn how to use it).
Processed RAW image to bring out the overexposed afternoon sky. I'll go in the morning to get a comparison.
Using a ND8 from Polar to cut through the Aussie summer sun.
I'm NOT used to this size image, I use full frame so this is different for me. I wonder if there is a full frame camera that can be swapped over? More reading and research.
YUN00005.jpg

The smaller sensor is challenging for latitude. I usually aim the camera at the sky away from the sun and lock the white balance. Then for video I use a manual exposure setting that gives good exposure for the subject. For photos I expose to reduce blown out highlights, as post processing can usually pull up shadows, but recovering blown out highlights are not very successful.

For photos I expose to reduce blown out highlights, as post processing can usually pull up shadows, but recovering blown out highlights are not very successful.
Yeap - forgot about that one ... I'll be out in the morning early before the sun gets into the western sky causing blowouts. Thank you for your advice.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Looking good Cate! Keep it up!

Reactions: AussieCate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop