Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First impression from a Q500 Pilot

Reaction score
Took my H out for 3 flights today. Without a compass calibration it stayed perfectly still a 20 ft. Brought it back down and it landed perfect. Kept it in pilot mode with sonar off for all 3 flights. Very stable platform. Took it up to 400 ft and out to 1540 ft. Lost Telemetry data around 1540 ft. I did not play with any camera or automated modes yet. So far I feel it beats the Q5004k in every aspect I tested other than sneaking up on wild turkeys. With the Q I can fly as fast as it will go over a flock and they don't notice it. At full speed with the H the flock dispersed quickly. So far there is no rattling from inside my ST16. So far no issues other than the telemetry dropping out.

Reactions: snerd
Tuesday is my H day. I can't believe the day is finally here. Flew my Q500+ twice just to refresh why Yuneec is great for me.

Took my H out for 3 flights today. So far I feel it beats the Q5004k in every aspect I tested other than sneaking up on wild turkeys. With the Q I can fly as fast as it will go over a flock and they don't notice it. At full speed with the H the flock dispersed quickly. .

That cracks me up! You won't believe this but I have told several friends that one of the main reasons I want a drone is for scouting some of the fields from above before I come into them with my Bad Boy Buggy. Too often turkey and deer scatter as I enter the fields-- I was hoping I could see them from above and thought I was on to something Yuneec! Now you know the rest of the story.

I'm sure it won't be long until the fish and wildlife departments ban flying for scouting purposes but I was hoping to be a step ahead of them!

That cracks me up! You won't believe this but I have told several friends that one of the main reasons I want a drone is for scouting some of the fields from above before I come into them with my Bad Boy Buggy. Too often turkey and deer scatter as I enter the fields-- I was hoping I could see them from above and thought I was on to something Yuneec! Now you know the rest of the story.

I'm sure it won't be long until the fish and wildlife departments ban flying for scouting purposes but I was hoping to be a step ahead of them!
My approach on the Turkeys was at about 100 ft altitude and 30 mph in pilot mode. Next time I will try much slower from a much higher altitude and slowly descend. Even at 100 ft the turkeys were pretty small on the 7" screen. My last flight over turkeys with my q500 I didn't even see the turkeys until I landed and viewed the video on my computer. The turkeys are pretty camouflaged right now with the newly tilled soil on my farm. My white horses on the other hand are very easy to see.

Remember... I said "scouting" not "hunting". Tried to choose my words carefully so the anti's would not be offended.

I heard in Oregon and Washington (probably California too), a bill is being pushed through to ban the use of all weapons for hunting, unless under the influence of marijuana.
LOL if that's the case as a resident of California it's hunting season!!! JK.

Well I'm legal with my Q500+ now. It wasn't as complex as I thought. It is H day for me but will get my X Star today also. Let the good times roll.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis