Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fix the Play Store on ST16+

Reaction score
This is a good way to get the play store if you don't have it or fix the broken ones that came with the new models. First follow the instructions in this guys youtube vid and get his file package.

Now... If you don't have the play store already follow his instructions to the T. If you do have it and it just does not work here is the added instructions.

Using the SystemAppMover move the original google play store to normal app mode. You can then uninstall it from the normal app manager. Once uninstalled go back and install the version from the file pack you got from the youtube link above and move it back to system file status using SystemAppMover. Poof like magic full functioning play store. Now you can update other apps and install what ever you would like. No side affects thus far. Not likely to be any.

Last edited:
Well, more than a year later I am sadly addressing this thread with what appears to be a huge problem. I followed the instructions to a "T", to step #7 on my ST16+. Now I have a red and white interface all in chinese on the ST16+ and I have no idea how to fix this or to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated to restore my system.

Unless you want your H to potentially drop out of the sky, DO NOT try installing Play Store or anything else not specifically designed for the ST-16. You do not want other apps trying to launch or update or whatever else, when you are operating the flight controller.

Reactions: Ty Pilot and PatR
I do appreciate the advice, but it looks like I may have got succored into doing so. Can I 'unroot' it by performing an android factory reset? The rooting software, IRoot, was full of bugs when I installed it. Kaspersky's alert was lighting up like the 4th. Wouldn't you know it? I just bought the H earlier this evening and was hoping to install UAV Toolbox.

You DO NOT NEED to install the Play store to run UAV Toolbox.

UAV Toolbox was written to play nicely with the standard ST-16 firmware. It does not create notifications or attempt to auto update, and it only connects online when or if you ask it to.

Every time this subject comes up, I and others say that installing the Play store on a custom Android install is a very bad idea.

Hi Tuna. Thanks for your assistance. I am a relative newby to all this, so call me foolish for having jumped into potentially scalding water. I did manage to install your app and it seems to work fine on the controller. I have not tried it yet bound to the H480 Pro. My concern is did I cause damage to the controller trying to root it following the recommended instructions, using iRoot? I am not sure if it was successful or not, though. Is there a way to confirm that all is well regarding the software/firmware and settings? Again, I am new to this and not sure how to proceed. Is there a way to reset to factory? Thanks in advance and for your UAV Toolbox, which I purchased. I look forward to utilizing it.

Factory Reset - Go to settings -> Backup and reset... IDK if that will undo what was changed by the app you used.

I asked Yuneec CS directly about Google Play Store and the answer was succinct; Don’t! The Play Store feature was employed by Yuneec only as a partial App for use by the flight controller and never designed or intended as a means to add additional Apps. The ST-16 does not have space available for numerous Apps and adding insult to injury uploading Google Play Store to the ST-16 introduces the potential to install viruses in your flight control system.

In closing; do not attempt to download Google Play Store on your ST-16. All the problems that may occur will be your problem to deal with. If a reset does not provide a cure you’ll be sending your ST-16 to Yuneec to be repaired at your expense.

I have updated the firmware and everything seems to be normal, but now I cannot lock on to satellites and continually shows "Lost GPS Fly Manually". Upper right showing 0 for a long while. Now shows 6. Left side shows 15. Shows "Acquiring" under "GPS" on right. Any ideas? Again, thanks for the help!

Reupdated the firmware, according to 3.0 installation video tutorial and have the controller and H outside rebuilding the gps atlas/ephemeris. Hoping this solves the issue. From what I am reading, it sounds like the gps problem is widespread. Thanks again guys!

Unless you want your H to potentially drop out of the sky, DO NOT try installing Play Store or anything else not specifically designed for the ST-16. You do not want other apps trying to launch or update or whatever else, when you are operating the flight controller.
Exactly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NXG Solutions