Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FIXED: Panorama - camera does not rotate

Reaction score
It worked for a couple of panoramas but now the camera doesn't rotate and all 8 photos are taken from the same direction. I reset the camera and still not working. BTW, I can still manually pan the camera using the ST16 knob just fine. Anyone else see this and have a remedy?

I'm only guessing, because I haven't done the firmware upgrade yet. But I would think the tilt switch would have to be in the middle position. See if that makes any difference for you.

I had to reload the firmware for the ST16 to get the cam to rotate. It's all good now. It does not matter
were the slider for the tilt for the camera is ,as when it starts to take the panorama you have no control
over the tilt of the camera.

A calibration of the gimbal fixed this problem. I then performed another compass calibration which caused the problem to return. Another calibration of the gimbal fixed it again. I guess one should always calibrate the gimbal after the compass calibration. The order seems important if you want the camera to rotate properly during a panorama sequence.

Last edited:
so being a computer nerd and old....i have a question...i am using microsoft ice to stitch the 8 pics together...everything is easy and looks great...now how do i download the finished panarama or save them to my pc....any help is appreciated

I had a flight yesturday where i switched from video to camera mode while still flying and panorama mode didnt work. Well it tooks pictures but the camera wouldnt rotate. Had to land and reboot and got it to worked. This has now happened a couple times. Anyone else had issues with like this?

I had a flight yesturday where i switched from video to camera mode while still flying and panorama mode didnt work. Well it tooks pictures but the camera wouldnt rotate. Had to land and reboot and got it to worked. This has now happened a couple times. Anyone else had issues with like this?

Yep. I typically fly a CCC route and at the last way point I Exit the CCC Task and then grab a panorama. Or rather I try to grab a panorama. It has never worked. If I land and reboot as you did, or take panorama before I run the CCC route, it has worked so far.

This is starting to look like a predictable pattern part. Upload the firmware call Yuneec.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Agreed, it seems to follow a pattern established a long time ago by another company. Release lots of firmware updates and let the users locate the faults rather than completely vet them prior to release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval