Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flashing purple light

Reaction score
I went thru what appears to be a successful firmware update and all binding and calibration processes. I'm now getting a purple light flashing in a 3 flash sequence. Any suggestions?

I went thru what appears to be a successful firmware update and all binding and calibration processes. I'm now getting a purple light flashing in a 3 flash sequence. Any suggestions?

Tdog: normal condition... three purple then off for 1 second is telling you your H is in angle mode without GPS lock.

Suggestion: go to the Yuneec.com site and look for downloads. Get the manual and print the page that has the color codes. Will save you a bit of time searching for answers.

Happy flying!

Jeff

Tdog: normal condition... three purple then off for 1 second is telling you your H is in angle mode without GPS lock.

Suggestion: go to the Yuneec.com site and look for downloads. Get the manual and print the page that has the color codes. Will save you a bit of time searching for answers.

Happy flying!

Jeff
Are you following my other post?

You will be happy with Yuneec once the bugs are worked out. Just be patient it's worth the extra headaches. ;)

Not so sure about that. This bug is going to cost me a grand. And from what I'm seeing it is a bug on their part. They're saying I turned off gps navigation which I did not and even if I had I can still fly without navigating. I fly racing drones which obviously don't have navigation. Bottom line is the drone was not responding to my commands and flew away and yuneec is not going to stand by their product

Yes, I have a Mac and have updated firmware 3 times.

It's no different from any other computer. Download the firmware to a micro SD card and put it in the ST16 and then CGO3+ per directions.

I tried. The list of available downloads for the H on Yuneec's site are all PC only. They have told me I need to connect GUI to get the ID number that will allow them to send me the firmware link after signing the liability release form. I am in San Diego so there are A LOT of NFZ's. However, there are also some areas clearly outside the NFZ's that I am still grounded by the ST16 as though it were an NFZ. I have tried asking a few representatives at Yuneec. They all say there is no way to go through this process with a Mac. I just thought maybe someone here may have found a work around of some sort.

The firmware update for the drone and controller are NOT specific to a PC. They are just binaries.

The only thing specific to a Windows PC is the GUI which, as far as I know, relates to the simulator.

I'm confused.

The firmware update for the drone and controller are NOT specific to a PC. They are just binaries.

The only thing specific to a Windows PC is the GUI which, as far as I know, relates to the simulator.

I'm confused.

His problem is he runs a Mac which does not allow the GUI to run. The GUI is only a Windows application to interface with Typhoon H. In order for him to get the information that Yuneec need s to give him the NFZ firmware he needs a computer that runs windows so he is screwed until he finds a windows based computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones