Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Control Lost error

on the fsk_rsi line why would there be data numbers and then dropping to zero?
It seems the more distance between the H and the ST16 the more 0's you see in that column. But it would need to drop to zero for several seconds to affect communication. The data is written between 8 to 20 times per second so the 0's are very brief.

It has been speculated that the 0s in the RSSI field are when the telemetry that is on the 5.8GHz link is used, which by very definition of being WiFi instead of the normal digital telemetry link, would not contain any RSSI information. It sounds like a plausible theory, given that I've noticed that the precision on the floating-point data is much higher on those entries with a 0 for the RSSI - I guess the higher speed link allows for more data per time period to be sent.
Why the controller decides to use that info instead of the normal telemetry channel, I have no idea. Momentary signal fade?

Multipath interference does strange things. the 2.4GHz signal is not always the best. And it could also be simply that they intersperse the 5.8GHz signal in the telemetry due to transient situations that we aren't aware of, such as CPU load, telemetry downlink load, or just for S's & G's :)

Guess the way to tell would be to fly without the camera and see what the telemetry shows. No camera, no 5.8.

Reactions: kd4pbs
Great point!
I need to flight test a couple of new batteries, and that will be done without the camera anyway.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just checked some older telemetry files. Seems the 0 RSSI readings don't kick into gear until the WiFi connects. So, that seems to be the reason for the zero RSSI telemetry. But my theory on the enhanced precision telemetry doesn't quite pan out. I can't find any correlation or pattern as to why sometimes we'll get a heading of, say, 130.1592956 right under the prior heading of 130.15. Go figure.

All of that goes away when you change the columns to no decimals. Ha
Odd how that works! ;)

I verified that indeed, RSSI 0 is due to WiFi being connected and the ST16 deciding to use that telemetry stream instead of via 2.4GHz data link, for whatever reason. What good does this knowledge do for us? Absolutely none whatsoever :) I don't even know that it would indicate the H using WiFi control versus data link control, as I figure there could be an instance where the H is receiving control signal just fine, but the return link for telemetry is below usable level. I'd have to say that it's a safe bet the RSSI field is indicating telemetry downlink RSSI versus control uplink RSSI that the H is getting from the ST16, since if it were uplink RSSI, that information would be available for insertion on the WiFi data link. Unless I guess it is truly an uplink RSSI, and the 0 indicates that the control and telemetry links switched to the WiFi connection? I don't know --- thinking out loud here I guess.

Your explanation is plausible. Understanding seemingless useless information somehow improves the understanding of the whole. For the most part the telemetry records information from the H while the remote logs record information from the ST16. The only column that is different appears to be the time stamp in column one. When you compare the remote and telemetry files you see a lag developing as distance increases. So the time stamp is coming from the ST16 and not the H. This lag makes it more difficult to compare stick inputs to the response from the H.
More useless stuff, eh?

Indeed. Pieces of the pie. I'd love to spend a day or so conversing with the developer(s) of the firmware for this package. Unfortunately I don't know a single word of Mandarin.

Indeed. Pieces of the pie. I'd love to spend a day or so conversing with the developer(s) of the firmware for this package. Unfortunately I don't know a single word of Mandarin.
I once thought about learning Mandarin (seriously), but eventually decided against it since I've yet to master English...and I was born and dragged up in England with English ancestry going back to ancient times.o_O

I once thought about learning Mandarin (seriously), but eventually decided against it since I've yet to master English...and I was born and dragged up in England with English ancestry going back to ancient times.o_O

Well, we all know that youse guys over acrosst the pond don't know how ta tawk raht anyhowse! ;)

On a serious note though, my daughter who is a sophomore in college this year is teaching herself Japanese. Not only the language, but the written words. Kanji, I guess? Crazy. I had a hard enough time learning Morse code at age 25, and 23 years later, I am still not very fast with it at all. I've read that language skills as far as learning new ones are far easier for women than men. I believe it!

Thanks for letting me see the telemetry data of this incident. This is interesting.
The black hole is between telemetry file 00062 and 00063. It is the same flight but the ST16 has created a new file set after restart. It is as it mentioned on the sceen: The FlightMode App was crashed and watchdog restarted it in the Android system. No flight application - no connection although the RC is still connected. But there is "nobody" who receives or sends MAVlink messages any more. That's the five-second-gap until the app is coming up again.
The reason for the crash is unknown, but I would recommend to reset the ST16 to factory default and create a new model and rebind it with the H. Only just to be sure.

fsk_rssi = 0 is caused by "Dual Band Control Redundancy", which is in since ST16 firmware B25. This is the connection via 5,8 GHz WLAN. I have seen telemetry files from some guys who forgot to rebind the bird after using the Wizard with the ST16 RC connection (2,4GHz ZigBee). They control only over WLAN (and have had strange behaviour!) and fsk_rssi shows constant zero. Seems the theory is prooved.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval