Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Control Lost error

Reaction score
This happened today. I'm flying the H. About 100 feet up and not far out at all, maybe 75 - 100 feet away. The screen on the ST-16 goes black and at the top of the screen is "Flight Control Lost" That's it! I look up and the H is still steady and in a couple of seconds (that seemed a lot longer) the screen reappears and all is well. ANY ONE have this happen? It changed the color of my underwear.

This happened today. I'm flying the H. About 100 feet up and not far out at all, maybe 75 - 100 feet away. The screen on the ST-16 goes black and at the top of the screen is "Flight Control Lost" That's it! I look up and the H is still steady and in a couple of seconds (that seemed a lot longer) the screen reappears and all is well. ANY ONE have this happen? It changed the color of my underwear.
I'm guessing it only lost the video signal for a short time. That is fairly common. You should still have full control over the H without the video feed.

wait that might not be just the video feed lost did you lose the gps status, ground speed, pos readings. flight mode readings. also looks like one of the fail safes activated for lost control link if you lost the readings I just mentioned as well. basic the entire screen from both sides went out. to be sure pull the telemetry and remote files from the st16.

reason is I had a similar situation 8-27-17 screen went black that message flashed h was rock solid but during that time I could not move the h at all.

I mean h did not respond while the screen was blacked out with that message. I got control back when the screen came back up.

wait that might not be just the video feed lost did you lose the gps status, ground speed, pos readings. flight mode readings. also looks like one of the fail safes activated for lost control link if you lost the readings I just mentioned as well. basic the entire screen from both sides went out. to be sure pull the telemetry and remote files from the st16.

Same thing happened. Never happened before. The entire screen went black for about 5 seconds. I didn't touch the sticks. When the screen came back all was fine.

screen went black that message flashed h was rock solid but during that time I could not move the h at all.
The entire screen went black for about 5 seconds.
Very interesting anomaly. I recall your post about that Terrance, but didn't know what to make of it and I still don't. Perhaps you should both upload the telemetry file for that flight to see is there are any clues or commonality in the logs.

Very interesting anomaly. I recall your post about that Terrance, but didn't know what to make of it and I still don't. Perhaps you should both upload the telemetry file for that flight to see is there are any clues or commonality in the logs.

I have 3 from the flight. Won't let me upload .csv files however? How can I get it uploaded?

unfortunately I have 24 actual flights during that day I am going to have to make a zip file for them. oh what error code 32 it in flight 34 during 1second compass error. not sure what to look for also going to zip controller csv

I have 3 from the flight. Won't let me upload .csv files however? How can I get it uploaded?

Here are the telemetry files.

Attachments

• Aug 28 2017 Telemetry.zip
    264.2 KB · Views: 14
Hey Steve, correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like he was loosing signal inadvertently thought out the flight?? fsk_rsi. At higher altitudes 34 meters lengthier loss. Battery voltage looked ok.

You flew towards the back yard forest area, if you did maybe the electrical voltage wires interfered. It looks like you were right across the street from the wires where there seemed to be an issues before taking off.

Last edited:
I've been around electrical wires but not the voltage those seemed to supply.

I see nothing in flight log 062 that would be a concern. Signal strength is normal for this type of flight and no errors. It remains a mystery to me at least. I also see no indication the power lines affected the signal or control of the aircraft.
Keep in mind the logs record flight information and the remote logs record the output from the sticks and other controls on the ST16. If there are files that log the status of the display they would likely be in the Android files. I think it one of those things that merit watching but it seems to be self-correcting. I just can't shed any light on this one.

Thanks Steve for correcting my assumption. I'm curious though, on the fsk_rsi line why would there be data numbers and then dropping to zero? This is where I thought he was loosing the signal.
Steve I found information from you in a form, how to decipher telemetry data. Good reading so far.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve for correcting my assumption. I'm curious though, on the fsk_rsi line why would there be data numbers and then dropping to zero? This is where I thought he was loosing the signal.
Steve I found information from you in a form, how to decipher telemetry data. Good reading so far.

How can I get that information?

I see nothing in flight log 062 that would be a concern. Signal strength is normal for this type of flight and no errors. It remains a mystery to me at least. I also see no indication the power lines affected the signal or control of the aircraft.
Keep in mind the logs record flight information and the remote logs record the output from the sticks and other controls on the ST16. If there are files that log the status of the display they would likely be in the Android files. I think it one of those things that merit watching but it seems to be self-correcting. I just can't shed any light on this one.

Thanks for the insight. It was a bit crazy for a few seconds but the H didn't move and all was back to normal after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval