Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly away again..

if you idal the h for 12.5 mins how much flight time is left. or is just for the purpose to update then fly a bit run down the battery then put then next battery in and take a full flight?

if you idal the h for 12.5 mins how much flight time is left. or is just for the purpose to update then fly a bit run down the battery then put then next battery in and take a full flight?

The motors are off when sitting, waiting for almanac refresh, not drawing much power.

Shouldn’t lose much at all. Assuming good battery, of course. If one has a not so great battery in inventory, deem it the sacrifice for updates, calibrations, et al.

Jeff

Reactions: VETTE198620002000
The motors are off when sitting, waiting for almanac refresh, not drawing much power.

Shouldn’t lose much at all. Assuming good battery, of course. If one has a not so great battery in inventory, seem it the sacrifice for updates, calibrations, et al.

Jeff
ok thanks for clarifying that for me, i've never heard of idal the h like this. i've never had a fly away or other issues in a year. i guess i was lucky and wont be any harm in doing it going forward.

thanks again for the info

Ray

ok thanks for clarifying that for me, i've never heard of idal the h like this. i've never had a fly away or other issues in a year. i guess i was lucky and wont be any harm in doing it going forward.

thanks again for the info

Ray
Idling w/o spinning props (of course) and no motor leds consume a not measurable battery drain. I use an old battery only for that "idle" pupose.

Thanks, Doug. You can read the entire saga here: Another thought.......

Bottom line is that it seems only a broken propeller (so far). Based on the exceptional efforts of @Steve Carr in analyzing the data available we can only conclude the GPS module momentarily barfed or we had a solar flare at that moment.

I’ve lost faith in the GPS module and ordered another one. It should arrive today.
I agree, something is skewing the GPS data.

If you look at all the GPS data you can see where GPS went from "TRUE" to "FALSE" and that's where things went sideways. Losing GPS on this bird when in angle mode with minimal/no time to turn GPS off on the ST16 before it trims a tree is a recipe for unhappiness. :(

Good news is that the new GPS module arrived and I'll install that in the coming days. With that I'm hoping for an end to flyaways on this TH480. My other one has never had a flyaway although it has survived its share of pilot errors. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49