Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly to Home

If im not mistaken, I believe those are 700kv motors, arent they? I dont have the Q right now with me, you can check any of your motors to see what they say. Kv means rpm/volt. So, 700rpm times 11. 1v = 7770rpm.

Thanks again. Waiting for the wind to die down tonight and see if I can make that video test flight. BTW, what part of the world are you in? Im on the East Coast of the US.

A side note to the rpm question is that a lot other factors are involved in the calculation of the rpm of a brushless motor. The best way to test it is with a Rpm Meter. That actually counts how many turns per minute. The long formula is used when you want to know what engine you should buy.

I live in Miami-Dade County in South Florida.

Here are my results from a 10 min flight just awhile ago. I went out about the same distance, 1050, and same altitude, 100ft.
i never lost the video but for awhile I lost the telemetry data. Also the video on the screen was a little choppy at times but I still had it.
The only surprise was that when the bird was about 3/4 back toward home the telemetry went away but only for a couple of seconds. I believe the reset helped. Thanks again. Next time I will go to 150ft and see if things improve.

Man, those results are not bad. I fly at around 150ft high and at around 700ft or so away i lose signal...

Amelia Earhart park in Hialeah, In the neigborhood, in the beach, etc. There is not many people flying quadcopters down here. There is a club in Broward county in a park called Vista View and lots of people gather together, but I think they are requiring for people to have membership. Last time i went there was about 2 years ago.

What county are you and where do you fly?

My experience was that the drone lost connection at about 300 feet away. I put it on RTH but it still hovered so I walked closer and eventually it headed toward me. Not thinking to turn off the RTH, it kept coming....got about 6 feet away and abruptly changed direction to avoid me, almost crashing into my camper. Last second recovery I switched it off RTH when it was less than 2 feet away from the camper.

Amelia Earhart park in Hialeah, In the neigborhood, in the beach, etc. There is not many people flying quadcopters down here. There is a club in Broward county in a park called Vista View and lots of people gather together, but I think they are requiring for people to have membership. Last time i went there was about 2 years ago.

What county are you and where do you fly?

I"M in NH. I fly at a empty school stadium and also fly over a large lake. I launch close to shore. Have not seen any other flyers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss