Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying Typhoon G in Greece

Reaction score
I am a first time flyer. I purchased Yuneec Typhoon G days before leaving to a small
Island in Greece. I had no prior experience but found the drone fairly easy to operate and responsive.
I had an issue with video feed. The issue was corrected thru Yuneec. However the
video was shot flying without video feed. Needless to say, there was the need for lots of editing on this video.
I used premiere Pro to edit (another learning curve) and shot it on a GoPro with Protune on (yet another learning curve). Color correcting is harder than I anticipated. I created a zoom transition from the information found on YouTube by Justin Odisho. Music I purchased was Eyes Wide Open by Tony Anderson.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Nice video with good editing and flying, really loved the location too. I also have an older multi rotor that carries a GoPro and even though I have the Adobe suite for nearly all my editing, if I'm doing a video with nothing but GoPro footage, I've found that GoPro Studio is my go-to editor as it has a built in lens corrector to get rid of the fish eye and also, pretty good color correction tools. That said, those transitions where you tilt from camera level to down or visa versa, lens correction does not work so good.

Pat

Thanks Pat. I did not try the GoPro Studio yet but will look into using it. Premiere also has the option for
lens distortion removal. I am not a big fan of the fish eye but in some photos after I removed the distortion I preferred the original wide angel view. Removal of the fish eye cropped into the shot so much and I lost some of the effect of showing the whole view when over the island. You are right about the view when tilting the camera down and the angle changes.
I tried using key frames to change the angle each time it moved down but it was too involved. My computer is a few years old and could not process that quickly. Maybe when I drop the angle I should be filming in a narrow lens mode.
I also purchased a ND filter because of lens flare. I also see there is a company (Oncore) making lens hood for GoPro.
I don't know much about it but will look into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox