Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying without a camera

Reaction score
Due to a pretty minor crash I broke the top mount of my camera so I expect to be without for a while. I'm hoping that I can continue practicing while waiting so my question is; can I fly without a camera mounted? Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Couple of caveats... do not fly too far, because you will not have...

1) The Green Arrow... so that orientation tool will be unavailable.

2) A view from the camera... so those visual clues will not exist.

You may want to review this thread in detail:

Visual Flight Training

Reactions: DoomMeister
You can also use the Yuneec Flight Simulator to practice. Works really great in bad weather and at night.

Due to a pretty minor crash I broke the top mount of my camera so I expect to be without for a while. I'm hoping that I can continue practicing while waiting so my question is; can I fly without a camera mounted? Any help here will be greatly appreciated.
My camera had a bad sensor and was gone for a month. I was surprised to find that flying without filming is great fun and allows you to concentrate on flying.

The visual flight training link referred to above is a good thing to develop your skills. Another is flying low and slow using the yaw to steer, it makes for good video when you get your camera back on.

On the plus side the batteries last longer without the camera being there too!

Reactions: PatR
Thanks for all of your help. My concern was how the ST16 would react when it can't find a camera. Should there be any special settings for the ST16?

If you're really concerned about getting your drone back home, use rod and real and attach fishing line to the leg.;)

We use to catch Cicada's back when, then tiea thread to the middle leg:cool:.
Cicada.jpg

What I really like is the Drone is lighter and seems to go faster, but watch out for tree's at high speed, as I have already had one very expensive accident !!
Have lots of fun !
Cheers
Michael

Reactions: DronAirPro
Would the Home feature still work? If you lose orientation you could hit Home until you regain your bearings & then turn it off & take manual control again couldn't you? I flew behind a barn the other day, lost signal, hit home, & when it flew back into range took back control. Wouldn't think a missing camera would affect that. Anybody know?

RTH is a radio telemetry function predicated upon GPS positions, not a video function. Both the aircraft and controller deal with geo referencing independent of the camera. In short, RTH will function without the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval