Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Focusing an aftermarket lens

I really like this plan, but I only have my desk top for now, and it has no wifi card. As soon as I get my mobile viewer platform set up with an inverter and a wi fi card this is a great solution. Would the image be higher resolution than the image on the ST 16 out to a TV? I ended up connecting my ST 16 to my living room tv, using a long HDMI cable and setting drone in the door. I used a stop sign with black tape around the letters and a black cross at 25' out. I then used a tree about 125' foot away to finalize the fine focus. I am having a really hard time with this 7" away. My subject is always 100 to 125 foor, so I just focus on something that far away and adjust to whatever that is, in this case, the tree. can't make out a focus chart that far away with the resolution put out by the ST 16, but it is close enough, the photos I shot yesterday came out clear. YUN00684.jpg

Final focus will probably always be at the desired range and using an actual photo from the SD card. Using HDMI is probably the same resolution as using WIFI. 780P is coming from the camera via WIFI, so it's the best you can actually get without using SD cards and a lot of walking.

IMX117 - to not expect unexpected. Pixel size related to the lens... (Bayer matrix)

Attachments

• imx117cqt.pdf
    483.9 KB · Views: 3
Early is to say anything... I'm looking for a bit more technical pdf, where LVDS and commands are described. Found this one, shared this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval