Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Follow Me Issue

Reaction score
My first attempt at follow me ended with unexpected results. I was hoping somebody could view my clip and let me know if I am doing something wrong. Problem aside, the gimbal was impressive in light of the thrashing the drone was doing!

I am in the black SUV crossing a causeway near Sarasota. I am flying the H while my brother drives at a steady 24 mph. I am operating it from the ST16, not the wand. Otherwise, the drone is flying itself and I am just watching while it tracks us.

Any help figuring out what I did wrong would be appreciated.

I had the same issue with mine in follow me as well. I noticed your landing gear down and that shouldn't effect anything. I'm curious as well. Here is a video of mine doing this too. I however put my ST16 down while driving. It gets a little squirly at the end.

I had the same issue with mine in follow me as well. I noticed your landing gear down and that shouldn't effect anything. I'm curious as well. Here is a video of mine doing this too. I however put my ST16 down while driving. It gets a little squirly at the end.

Actually my gear was UP. That is how drastic the drone moved. I see yours get very unstable toward the end as well.

Actually my gear was UP. That is how drastic the drone moved. I see yours get very unstable toward the end as well.
Wow, that is drastic. I had other issues show up like the bounce land a few times, some unstable hovering and a semi fly away backwards into some bushes that I sent my H into support to look at it. Waiting on them to get it back.

Maybe the accelerometer needs calibration.
Use a level to get it dead level both ways first.
Mine was drifting all over the place
after the firmware upgrade and this cured it 100%

Reactions: Hunter_Michael
Once I get mine back from support I'm definitely going to level it like that and be anal about how square it is.
Also, I think you'll find it does a better job if you don't try to use this mode while the H is straight overhead. Seems to do much better when there is good horizontal separation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval