Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FPV compatibility for H520

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whether the Yuneec Skyview goggles and the Avegant Glyph headset work with the H520-I have contacted Avegant and Yuneec but cannot get a definitive answer.
If any member has successfully used these devices with the H520 I would really like to know their opinions.

Can anyone tell me whether the Yuneec Skyview goggles and the Avegant Glyph headset work with the H520-I have contacted Avegant and Yuneec but cannot get a definitive answer.
If any member has successfully used these devices with the H520 I would really like to know their opinions.

My Sky view goggles work just fine.

Reactions: Graham
I have never had any HMD specifically designed for FVP but I have a few HMDs designed for entertainment and gaming. Basically what they do is receiving a video/audio signal through HDMI in port. So if functions of specifically designed FPV HMDs are to see a picture from a camera drone or from a ground control software with a camera stream implemented in it without any functions to control a drone or a camera on a HMD itself I do not see any reason why any HDMI connected HMD won't work for FPV.

I personally like Moverio BT-300 as it is a see through HMD and you won't break any law wearing them while controlling your drone. I am trying to save a bit now to get enough money to purchase it. It is not cheap and Epson retail price for it in Au is $1200. Epson has also announced a BT-350 model recently but after comparing their specs with BT-300 there is no much difference.

How silly of me not to check it out. Bt-300 actually does not have HDMI IN port so the only option to get a video streaming to it from a ST16 is to use some kind of wireless mirroring adapter. Epson sells one but it is another $200 plus it needs to be powered(5V DC) so it may be hard to use outside.

One of the HMDs I have is ACCUPiX Mybud https://www.amazon.com/Gender-ACCUPiX-Glasses-Display-Virtual/dp/B00AXVWNGA

I am using it to watch videos.

I have just connected it to my ST16s HDMI port and it works. This HMD(or more like video glasses) is not with the best resolution screens and it does not have OLED but everything is clear.

They are not see through though so they cannot be used unless you have someone to watch a drone, If that's the case then these glasses would be a great tool on a sunny day.

Hi everyone. Because the Avegant Glyph was going for such a good price on Amazon I decided to take the plunge and buy it. It was 300 UK pounds -which at present exchange rates equates to $300 here in the UK. I'm delighted to say that it works with the H520 and the image quality at 720 is very good-the projected images look more like 1080 to be honest and there are three brightness levels. I first used it on an extremely sunny day and the intermediate setting was just fine. You can confirm line of sight by looking above the projector bar and you can view the controller by looking below it. At all times I had a friend confirming line of sight so as to be legal.
The ability to see line of sight immediately is very reassuring!

Reactions: arruntus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis