Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Front Left LED Issues

Reaction score
I had an older Q 500 and moved most of the parts from the old unit to a Rakon Frame. Some parts are new like the flight board, a motor and 2 ECS's.
Connecting the drone to the GUI shows everything in the green, flying the drone is no problem, everything is stable.
There is however one issue on the front left LED light. During boot up the led works perfectly changing lights as they should be. As soon as I take off however the left front white LED goes totally off.
I checked the wires and they are OK so at this point I'm looking for any ideas what else to look for.
Be well.

You could swap the left/right front LED covers (with LEDs still inside) to see if it is an issue with the ESC or just an odd LED.

Is this on one of the two new ESCs? Or related to the new motor?
And yes, the problem could originate all the way back on the Mainboard.

Last edited:
I will do that. But kind of odd that the light works during startup making me think the issue could be somewhere else (main board).

I will do that. But kind of odd that the light works during startup making me think the issue could be somewhere else (main board).

Yeah, it is odd. However, a good rule of thumb is to check out the easy stuff first. Changing ESCs and looking into the mainboard is something to avoid if you can.

Well here is the rest of the story as Steve (Harvey) would say - just for friends who might have the same problem.
Turns out that it is not OK to use just any ESC front and back as I was told somewhere on this forum I think. Anyway, if you switch front and rear ESC's as I did and you program the motors properly (in the GUI) the drone will fly perfectly. But the LED light under the motor will either turn off after startup or behave differently than if the correct ESC would be installed.
Took me some testing to find this out :)

Could you explain what you did that corrected the problem? I have swapped front and rear ESCs many times, and never experienced one that would turn on the LED for awhile, and then have it turn off. You might have found a new combination of components that creates a different effect, and it would be well worth noting.

Hi - I had an rear ECI installed on the front left arm. As soon as I exchanged it with a proper front ECI the problem with the LED turning off was gone. The front ECI has a white and black cable going to the LED. The rear LED cables are I believe red and black. Except for the LED turning off after booth up or blinking in the opposite of the right arm during the booth sequence everything else was fine. Hope this made everything clear.

Last edited:
You mentioned "It took me some testing to find this out".
Was part of the testing to move the problem ESC and LED to a rear motor? I would be curious to know what happened if you did.
If the issue is a fault in either the ESC or the led, the problem should still manifest, even when installed in the original intended position.
If the problem did not occur when the problem ESC is installed in the rear, it would be an indication that you have run into something that I, at least, have never encountered.

Last edited:
Well I did first change the LED - no difference. This was the easy test. I did not move the problem ECI to another location for testing. I just replaced it with a used one which I had handy. I can still connect the the ECI in question to the rear - it is easy to do on a Rakon frame. Will let you know tomorrow.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Well here is the rest of the story as Steve (Harvey) would say - just for friends who might have the same problem.
Turns out that it is not OK to use just any ESC front and back as I was told somewhere on this forum I think. Anyway, if you switch front and rear ESC's as I did and you program the motors properly (in the GUI) the drone will fly perfectly. But the LED light under the motor will either turn off after startup or behave differently than if the correct ESC would be installed.
Took me some testing to find this out :)
I'm having an LED situation as well and this, too, follows repair. My LED (forget which one, been a while) does not flash at the low voltage signal.

Yep, sorry, DoomMeister is correct. Low battery/voltage warning. The other lights flash, one does not but, rather, stays solid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop