Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal issues.

Reaction score
Bought the th+ in dec 2018, have flown it about 5 times using build 784 and th+ worked flawlessly. Put it away for several weeks and when I got it out it had gimbal issues. When camera is pivoted upward, gimbal begins to chatter and if I continue to pivot camera upward, gimbal will begin to shake violently and then the gimbal goes limp and lets the camera drop to a downward pointing position with no control possible via the transmitter. Wondering if anyone has any ideas? I did update to the latest build yesterday and latest build did not resolve the issue. Thanks.

If you updated to the latest firmware, you will not be able to get into the calibration menus, all that you can do now is a compass calibration. Prior to the latest update, you could tap 'Compass Calibration' quickly five times and then this would bring up the full calibration menu but Yuneec decided to block user access to this feature with the last update. I recommend trying to roll back to 784 if possible. I believe there is a thread (maybe a sticky) in the 'How To' section on just how to do this.

The gimbal shakes that you are seeing is one of the small bugs that popped up after the first update last August and for some reason, Yuneec has not been able to remedy it.

Reactions: Blueskies1
If you updated to the latest firmware, you will not be able to get into the calibration menus, all that you can do now is a compass calibration. Prior to the latest update, you could tap 'Compass Calibration' quickly five times and then this would bring up the full calibration menu but Yuneec decided to block user access to this feature with the last update. I recommend trying to roll back to 784 if possible. I believe there is a thread (maybe a sticky) in the 'How To' section on just how to do this.

The gimbal shakes that you are seeing is one of the small bugs that popped up after the first update last August and for some reason, Yuneec has not been able to remedy it.
Well it is still under warranty and already have a return label for KAV, so will send off the gimbal/camera combo for repair. Thanks all!

Well it is still under warranty and already have a return label for KAV, so will send off the gimbal/camera combo for repair. Thanks all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nvjfirut