Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal mounts

Anybody out there installed 3mm bolts in the other two gimbal mounts? Keeping them at the same spread as the stock rods but ad support in case of a hard landing. Just curious. Rubber mounts pull out easily in un-supported holes on GGO3+.

Anybody out there installed 3mm bolts in the other two gimbal mounts? Keeping them at the same spread as the stock rods but ad support in case of a hard landing. Just curious. Rubber mounts pull out easily in un-supported holes on GGO3+.
I would of thought adding bolts could cause more damage, in a crash, it might be better for items to detach keeping damage more localised. The camera might be salvaged if it comes off easily, but could be destroyed if still attached to copter, and probably some of the copter too.

Not so much crash as simply slightly hard landings. Un-supported gimbals have come out in these and seem to make the camera seem unstable. Pis have not suffered though. I'm a new flier.

Ya know, if ya’ll just glue the camera to the bottom of the aircraft you won’t have to worry much anymore about planting your aircraft so hard it pips the dampers loose.

I am simply astounded by the number or people that treat their aircraft rough enough to cause damper separation. Having flown GoPro gimbals, Tarot gimbals, Arris gimbals, FreeFly gimbals, DJI gimbals, and Yuneec gimbals, not once has a damper separated without first crashing the aircraft or slamming onto the ground in some uncontrolled manner.

As a new pilot I ain't perfect. Need some forgiveness. Haven't crashed.
So you feel your landing hard? Everyone has a bumpy landing once in a while, try landing with smooth gentle inputs to the stick, even turn down the speed on the slider, just be positive if you feel it's not going to land as you want, then shoot it back up and have another go, with practice this all becomes second nature, you feel like your in control.

Yes I have, no issues for the last year. do "nut" tighten, they are just loose enough for the gimble to work properly
Lath Screw.jpg

So you feel your landing hard? Everyone has a bumpy landing once in a while, try landing with smooth gentle inputs to the stick, even turn down the speed on the slider, just be positive if you feel it's not going to land as you want, then shoot it back up and have another go, with practice this all becomes second nature, you feel like your in control.
Thanks for the advice. It was not hard enough to bounce but gimbal mounts stretched in the two unsupported corners.

Yes I have, no issues for the last year. do "nut" tighten, they are just loose enough for the gimble to work properly
View attachment 17734
I used 3mm bolts with the 3mm lock nuts like you show here. I tightened it to allow the same flex that the 2 stock bolts have. It has equal flex on all four corners. Still dampens shock as it is supposed to. Any down force is shared on four corners, not two.

Reactions: AH-1G
I hardly land my H on the ground now, it's so much easier to hand catch. I don't have to worry about rotor wash, wind, and incase it wants to be stubborn landing.

I hardly land my H on the ground now, it's so much easier to hand catch. I don't have to worry about rotor wash, wind, and incase it wants to be stubborn landing.
As time has passed I've progressively hand caught my TH more and more. At first I almost excursively landed it on the ground and, although I say it myself, was pretty darn good at it...only hand catching if the ground around me was particularly rough/dusty or if it was gusty wind. Looking at my log book, though, I've noticed a trend towards hand catching but still leaning towards landing on the ground in the majority of cases. However, this last few months I'm now almost exclusively hand catching. As my experience of the TH matures, then, I now realize that hand catching is so much less hassle.

Just a note. I've always hand caught my P2V+. I learned quickly that it so loved to tip over and break props in anything more that a slight breeze. The TH is much better ground landing and has only ever tipped over once...but it's so much less hassle to hand catch these days.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunwininstitute