Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Go Fund Me

I'm starting to think all you old farts are just coming up with excuses for the loose nutz on the controller!;)

Bet that was a helluva climb !!

Could be worse tho....... I er.......somebody I know managed to hit a lightpole at a football field......how the **** do you clip a lightpole in plain sight??

Same way you descend 40’ away and clip a power wire with a prop...

Reactions: CSI
Bet that was a helluva climb !!
Nope. The tree canopy was 80' above the ground. It made the descent on it's own.
Could be worse tho....... I er.......somebody I know managed to hit a lightpole at a football field......how the **** do you clip a lightpole in plain sight??
It's not difficult. Like a 75' flag pole only 50' away. July, 2016. Two opposing props shattered, 5 rotor mode kicked in and landed with no other damage.

Last edited:
I only lost one.........one of the motor pods just barely clipped the pole, and caused the H to spin. That, along with the broken prop was enough to bring it down tho, from about 35 feet. Had I been three inches further away from me (I was passing behind the light pole), I would have completely missed it. Lucky for me, it landed in some deep grass next to the football field, and did no damage. Learned a lesson tho.......don't put alot of faith in your depth perception when flying 200 + feet away from your position.

Reactions: Steve Carr
...it's not nice to laugh at old guys who can't see well
Weren't watching your rear view mirror were you?
Yeah.....and all I needed to do is rotate the camera. But I was watching the bird not the screen.

I'm just catching up on this thread and LMAO! Having the camera pointing forward didn't help me the other day. The H was approaching a pair of tall fir trees not too far from me at treetop level. I had the camera pointing forward, but I was watching the bird like always (I'm not an FPV guy) and as I approached I gave it some throttle to gain altitude to give me a safe 8~10' of clearance as I flew over their tops. However, when I watched the video later it told a totally different story!

I'm thinking to myself "Here come the trees time to pull up. Time to pull up. Pull Up! PULL UP **** IT!!! It wasn't until a second or two after nearly clipping the tops with the camera it finally climbed to that "Safe 8~10' clearance!" ...So much for 71 year old depth perception! That wasn't 1st my wake up call, but I sure hope it was the last.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex