Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Going to sell my H+ when I get the new one back from Yuneec.

Reaction score
Guys, I just need to unload it and grab something I can count on. Unless something happens between now and then to change my mind, I am forced to get the new mavic pro. I will keep you updated, what I have tied up in this drone with the lenses and Raptor SR and I cant even trust it anymore. It is just too risky.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Its possible that you've experienced "new drone" syndrome. The first 6 months are likely filled with incidents, lessons on idiosyncrasies and firmware updates. Not everyone experiences these which is frustrating for those that do.

Hard to think that the new Mavic Pro will avoid these.

In any case, I wish you the best in your decision and happy flying!

Guys, I just need to unload it and grab something I can count on. Unless something happens between now and then to change my mind, I am forced to get the new mavic pro. I will keep you updated, what I have tied up in this drone with the lenses and Raptor SR and I cant even trust it anymore. It is just too risky.

I did just that... H+ went back, M2P took its place... for different reasons however. I simply did it for the feature set and the ultimate decision that I wanted portability. Don’t kid yourself however, the M2P has its fair share of problems. Perhaps not as many reports of fly-aways, but numerous issues nonetheless. Head over to Mavicpilots and do your research.

I wouldn't touch the mavic pro zoom such a ripoff the magic pro zooms anyway and you can further zoom on editing. The other mavic pro is nice but ripoff price and personally the customer service sucks they don't give a *** even if there is evidence in front off them. I lost one mavic and nice results. Bad company if any problems

Last edited:
Reactions: thoneter
Bottom line is no matter what drone you purchase and whatever price you pay, problems will arise..unfortunately so will accidents. It is all part of flying. People must understand that the second they reach in their pocket.

Keep your Typhoon H and like you, I have had flyaways with DJI drones and flyaways are normally caused by not updating the firmware properly or following standard protocol for flying a specific model drone. I had a Phantom 3 Standard end up in a 100ft of water because I lost communication with it. I failed to change the loss of signal response. Instead of having the PS3 return to home with signal loss, I had it set to land, which was over water at the time of signal loss, Totally pilot error, but I still bought another P3 Standard because it was and is a damned good drone.

DJI are known for their flyaways. i found a forum a year ago on just flyaways with DJI drones.

I wouldn't touch the mavic pro zoom such a ripoff the magic pro zooms anyway and you can further zoom on editing. The other mavic pro is nice but ripoff price and personally the customer service sucks they don't give a *** even if there is evidence in front off them. I lost one mavic and nice results. Bad company if any problems

You mad bro?

Keep your Typhoon H and like you, I have had flyaways with DJI drones and flyaways are normally caused by not updating the firmware properly or following standard protocol for flying a specific model drone. I had a Phantom 3 Standard end up in a 100ft of water because I lost communication with it. I failed to change the loss of signal response. Instead of having the PS3 return to home with signal loss, I had it set to land, which was over water at the time of signal loss, Totally pilot error, but I still bought another P3 Standard because it was and is a damned good drone.

I flew it yesterday. The trouble will be rebuilding the trust I had in it. I only took it up to 200 feet and out maybe 200 ft. That was it and after I let it run through a battery about ten feet up and ten feet away. I just needed to see it not fall or take off before I let it get and further than I could grab the landing gear.

how did it go did you hand catch it or let it land on its own I am really curious to know,
thank you
Keith Kuhn

I have been flying my TH+ for a solid 2 weeks, entering my 3 week. During he first week, I had troubles and I shared on here. The second week, I had problems again, and I shared that on here as well.

When, I shared my latest problem with the H+ @Peggy was confused of why others are having problems and the majority are not.

Then I started thinking to myself that all these problems could of prevented if I paid more attention??? Hummmm...

Well gents, I made a list of my own personal checklist. It’s a short one box checklist and all I have to check is “DON’T BE A DUMB ***”

In my line of work, safety is a number one priority and when the craft is giving ample warnings, I take heed, verify and fly again. Most of my finding with the H+ is that (in my part) it is very picky with GPS, but as long as it’s able to establish GPS all of the other warnings will go away.

And @Mr. l DJI is not known for their flyaways. Pilots are not created equal.

Tell me, how many of you folks have purchased a car or truck and it worked perfectly?:(
What did you spend, 20, 30, 50k?:eek:
Now consider the drones we're purchasing, couple hundred to couple thousand. :rolleyes:
These are made in China!
Do you really think and believe China delivers quality products? If you do, you've got your head on sideways.o_O
5de9c7517cdc7f72726633000abcde7d.jpg

Last edited:
I have been flying my TH+ for a solid 2 weeks, entering my 3 week. During he first week, I had troubles and I shared on here. The second week, I had problems again, and I shared that on here as well.

When, I shared my latest problem with the H+ @Peggy was confused of why others are having problems and the majority are not.

Then I started thinking to myself that all these problems could of prevented if I paid more attention??? Hummmm...

Well gents, I made a list of my own personal checklist. It’s a short one box checklist and all I have to check is “DON’T BE A DUMB ***”

In my line of work, safety is a number one priority and when the craft is giving ample warnings, I take heed, verify and fly again. Most of my finding with the H+ is that (in my part) it is very picky with GPS, but as long as it’s able to establish GPS all of the other warnings will go away.

And @Mr. l DJI is not known for their flyaways. Pilots are not created equal.

I have read thàt DJI has their share of flyaways just as Yuneec does

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Tell me, how many of you folks have purchased a car or truck and it worked perfectly?:(
What did you spend, 20, 30, 50k?:eek:
Now consider the drones we're purchasing, couple hundred to couple thousand. :rolleyes:
These are made in China!
Do you really think and believe China delivers quality products? If you do, you've got your head on sideways.o_O
View attachment 11410

I have a truck and it drives like a dream.
I believe that what comes out of China at this the present time are quality, unlike of that from the past, yes. Ohhhhh 99% of the things that we use in our daily lives are made in China and China now has bought all the farmlands in America and funding the developments of major structures as we speak and in years to come, we as citizens of our own country are mere tenants.

To put out the fire.. Just take your time with your drone, bro. Like me, you will find it’s use and be surprised of its capabilities. I had my doubts at first.

One thing is for sure DJI CS will not be able to support you.

I've been flying my Plus for almost two and a half months, it has been to work with us and we've got 84 flights now. Averaging 16 minutes a flight, that is 22.4 hours of flight time. About half of that time has been performing what I call familiarization flights where I methodically go through start up, launch and carefully watch everything. Some of the things I have seen that I would call anomalies - ALL - happen in the boot up process. I am finding there are times when it needs to sit quit longer than the 480 before everything is 'connected' for lack of a better word. I suspect if one were to launch as soon as they see 11 or more sats on the aircraft (this is a green-for-go indicator), that you are risking your aircraft. Satellite connection for the aircraft comes first, always but; the locating of home point, RC connection, establishing current flight mode, takes much longer. I find also that looking at the distance numbers is important. There are times when - even after good satellite connection, the distance figures are way off and eventually settle in. Also before flight, I establish that switching the flight mode on the controller is indicated, this sometimes happens last. Early in the boot-up you can switch modes but there is no indication that it has happened and it has even done it after RC link is established.

Bottom line, take your time, make sure everything is as indicated and all controls respond correctly. Pretty normal stuff but sometimes in the 'moment' we can forget one simple check and it might cost us.

I'd like to take advantage and lo ball ya on the +. I had 2 fly aways on the 480 and lost all trust in Yuneec. Back when they had really good tech support. My opinion is that they new drones are working out the programming bugs and we are the programming bug beta testers.

My thoughts are that the drone needs a lot of time to get acquainted to its location. It also gets confused when it doesn't have it's geolocation and altitude. Throw that in with GPS and programming issues and you've got a recipe for disaster.

The upgrades IMHO are a blessing and a curse. They fix known issues but sometimes the fixes introduce new issues. I think Yuneec finally got the 480 issues pretty much worked out. IMHO they never got the issues worked out with the 520 and the 920. These were the odd star trek movie drones.

Been 2 years without any fly aways, crashes and a few quarky things but I've still got 2 good working 480's. Love to have the + but I don't have Steve Carr mula laying around!

Keith, that is just an awful thing to say and totally unfounded. I am deeply disappointed in you saying this. I hope you delete your post after you apologize.
I'd say Keith's post is a little general but have some validity for some of the millennial's. I'd also assume that since you wrote in red and all caps that you are serious. I'd also assume Keith's post was a little tongue in cheek. If not it's his right to post as I don't think it is against the forums policy and I don't take offense because I know its not descriptive of me!

If I'm of my game and you guys are just giving each other grief then let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder